We stayed here for 2 nights mid week.
The hotel is in a great location if you like being near the beach. It is on the sand - perfect for a nice walk at sunrise! It gives close access to fishermans wharf for whale watching bay tours etc. but most things are a short drive away.
The hotel lobby and dining areas are very clean and modern and the view from the ocean side rooms is spectacular. The room furnishings are a little dated, but very clean and comfortable. Complementary wifi worked fine.
The staff are polite and professional and breakfast on the 4th floor restaurant was good. Great view of the bay while you eat.
The only points to note are:
Parking charge is $15 per night
The ocean is loud (as you would expect) if you are in an Oceanside room
The room window looks out over the walkway/balcony so it's hard to properly enjoy the view with people walking past your room peeking inside!
On the whole we had a lovely stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your quintessential California escape awaits at Monterey Tides. Unwind to the hypnotic acoustics of ocean waves, savor fresh fare at Café Beach, our seaside restaurant, dip into our refreshing pool and explore nearby Old Monterey. Set your wanderlust free. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Monterey Tides reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Beach Resort Monterey Hotel Monterey
- Monterey Best Western
- Best Western Monterey Beach Resort