“Clean room, comfortable bed but....” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #24 of 53 Hotels in Monterey
Santa Rosa, CA
“Clean room, comfortable bed but....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

extremely noisy! The shower was laughable. The head was so high that you could only get the water to hit you if you stood at the very far end of the tub. I am 5'8" and can't imagine anyone shorter even getting wet in there. The continental breakfast was your normal cheap carb fest served in a room the size of a closet. Seating for maybe 12 people max. I could not wait to check out! I will say that the desk clerk was super nice and tried hard to fix the problems.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Cincinnati
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

So they have a few large family suites. This includes a small living room area with a pull out couch and a tv, and then a larger room with the two beds like a normal hotel room. The first thing we noticed, no air conditioning. There was a small portable fan. We also noticed a few univited guests, like spiders. Luckily my kids and husband were able to catch them and relocate them. Parking was full. I'm not sure where we would have parked had we not found our spot. There was a pool, but we didn't get a chance to swim. The breakfast area was rather small considering how packed the hotel was, but there was an area outside with tables that some people could eat at. This hotel was fairly close to some of the attractions in Monterrey like the Aquarium, but you still had to drive. But at least it didn't smell like Sardines outside.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

We were trying to find a cheap last minute place to stay during a road trip in California, we hadn't really planned on staying in Monterey. This place wasn't all that close to anything so we had to hit the road to find some sights.

The gentleman behind the counter wasn't terribly friendly, our room was clean, I'm assuming there was no A/C since there was a box fan located in the room. I'm still REALLY curious as to why there are motion-sensored paper towel dispensers located about every 5 doors down. If anybody knows, please fill me in, I've never seen this!!!

We didn't have any issues with the noise, the breakfast in the morning was fine, can't complain too much it was free.

All in all it wasn't a bad stay, but for the same price or a few dollars more I feel that we could have stayed at a place that was a little nicer and possibly a little closer to the action. We had such a great experience at another Best Western and were expecting the same...not bad, but still would like a little more :)

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

I did a bid on a website for 2 nights and this hotel accepted my offer. Upon arriving I did not know if this was the property because there was no address listed on the building. After confirming the address with a guest outside I entered the small trailer like lobby area and was greeted by a nice young man. He had my reservation ready because it was pre-paid. He told me my reservation was for a 1 bed room. I asked if there were any double beds available and he said there would be a $15.00 more a night charge but then he offered to upgrade me for free. I thought that was very nice! So he gives me our keys and I head down to room 128. Entering the room I must say it was clean...but very dated. You can see where they tried to bring it to date but they have a long way to go. The toilets are so small, reminds me of a kids potty chair and they have no pressure so you may have to flush two to three times with a 5 minute break between each flush so the toilet can build pressure. Me and my fiance have a 4 year old son and he loves to take baths. This hotel only has showers and they are very small. If you are 5 ft 7 or taller you may have to stoop because the ceiling is very very low in the shower. To me it felt like I was showering in a itty bitty cube. Another thing I did not like was the main door into the room had a large gap so there was a constant air draft coming through so I folded a towel to place at the foot of the door and I am glad I did because there was a black spider that managed to get into the room from that gap. Also, be careful with parking here...The parking lot is very very tight!This hotel is conviently located to everything...You will have to drive to The Wharf,the Aquarium and any eateries but not more that 2 miles. This hotel does serve breakfast but not much of a selection...They had 1 banana out, hard bagels,old pastries, bread for toast, cereal and a waffle maker, coffee, tea,hot chocolate. We ended up eating at Denny's and Islands Fine Burgers. However in the Del Monte Mall there are many of other places to eat. PF Changs, Subway etc....There is a small pool but we did not go to it.

Room Tip: All rooms have the same view...The parking Lot.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
West Monroe, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

We stayed for five days here and were impressed with everything. It was by far the cleanest hotel room I think we've ever had, and the cleaning staff kept up with us all week. We wanted to take the king-size bed home with us: it was the most comfortable bed ever and we had some of the best nights' sleep on it. The grounds were meticulously landscaped and there wasn't the tiniest bit of trash anywhere. The pool and hot tub were also very clean and well maintained (although the hot tub wasn't working one evening, much to our chagrin, but they had it fixed the next day). The staff were VERY friendly and helpful whenever we had questions. There's a breakfast room that's open every morning. It's "serve yourself" but has all the basics for a good morning meal and it's free. We're planning a return trip to Monterey in October and will definitely stay there again. It's handy to downtown and all the area attractions. We walked to the beach several times and we're no spring chickens. The walk back uphill was a bit strenuous, but not impossible. The neighborhood is beautiful and worth a stroll through as well.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
ParkcrestInnGM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Park Crest Inn, responded to this review, June 7, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to our establishment.We are very happy to hear that you had great stay.our staff is committed to make each and every guest at our establishment are comfortable and happy. I hope you will come back and give us another chance to provide you with outstanding service in the future.
Sanjay Patel
G.M
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

We wanted a quick one-night getaway in Monterey, and my cousin scoured every website in the universe trying to score a deal, but since it was a long weekend, the pickings were slim. We ultimately settled on this spot because it was "three stars" for $99 a night.

It's your basic motel, nothing surprising either good or bad. The rooms were clean, though the walls/ceiling were pretty thin. Bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper. Also, the sheets had a pretty strong bleach odor, which is good because it means they are clean, but bad because they smelled like bleach.

The breakfast area was really tight (not like, "That's hella tight, bro.") Luckily nobody in there seemed to be in a bad mood, because there were a lot of long lines for the waffle iron and toaster, and a lot of bumping into each other.

Overall it was fine -- I would consider staying there again if need be.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
We apologize for not meeting your expectation.our staff is committed to provide excellent service and make every guest happy.we will take your suggestion very seriously and definitely try to improve on those areas.
Thanks,
Sanjay Patel
GM
Okehampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

Got stuck in Monterey overnight last minute due to the road closure. This was one of the best nig.hts sleep we had. Rooms are fairly basic and breakfast looked so unappealing we didn't stay but we paid $70 and it was ridiculously good value. Only 20 min walk to the bay and we got a fab recommendation for dinner.

Recommended

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Park Crest Inn? Share your experiences!