“Oh my oh my what a dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Chart House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 259 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Drake Avenue
peoria, IL
“Oh my oh my what a dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We went to the Chart house on a Sunday night, the view was excellent you could see the surf and lights from Monterey. I started with a shrimp cocktail (14.50). What a presentation - 5 jumbo and I mean jumbo shrimp. My sister and I each had the lobster bisque - oh oh it was full of lobster pieces and it was scrumptious!!!. My sister had maple glazed shrimp with butternut squash ravioli, I had lobstertail and filet mignon, and my husband had blue cheese filet mignon. This meal was outstanding, garlic mash with our steaks, I couldnt eat all of mine neither could my sis. Hubby had their chocolate lava cake - I had a bite to die for. The food, service and view are great - it is pricy it was 215. without tip. I ll be back again for the lobster bisque if nothing else once again it was special and worth it for us on this trip

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Twin Falls, Idaho
“Best Restaurant in Monterey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Had Thanksgiving dinner here. The views of the bay are fantastic and the service is exceptional! My wife had salmon and I had scallops and they were superb! The salad and chowder appetizers were the best we had in 5 days in the Monterey area. I would strongly recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants an exceptional meal with great service and views. A little pricey, but worth it!

Visited November 2012
Paso Robles Wine Region, California
“A little courtesy goes a long way.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I last dined at a Chart House in, of all places, Los Olivos, California in the mid 1980's. Prior to that I was a "regular" at the Chart House in Hermosa Beach, California in the 1970's - 1980's and can remember when a trip to the salad bar was included with some meals. Always great service and friendly staff. A lot has changed since then, some of which I experienced recently at the Chart House in Monterey in early November of this year. It began with the hostess being unwilling to acccomodate us when we arrived a half hour earlier than our reservation time. I do understand that this can sometimes be a problem, especially during the busy hours when people are waiting to be seated, however we had an early reservation for 5:30, shortly after their dinner hour began, and there was still a large amount of open tables. We were eventually seated in a nice location and ordered a glass of wine and appetizer. When time came to order our our meals, I asked if I could have a baked potato in lieu of the fancy mashed potatoes that came with the meal and was curtly told, "No." I noticed on the menu that potatoes can also be ordered as side dishes and that the price of a baked potato was less than the price of the fancy mashed potatoes that came with my meal. It is obvious that there must be a large quantity of either potato on hand, as it is a dinner staple, so I was a bit confused and asked to speak with the manager. The manager's response was that he did not have the authority to make a change, but that I could pay $3. more for a baked potato. I explained to the manager that we had already ordered wine, an appetizer, and two full meals, and wondered why a small courtesy request could not be accomodated. He did not care! We finished our meals, which were nicely prepared, and left the location...and we will not go back as there are too, too many other great restaurants in greater Monterey, many of which are more attentative to customers. In the restaurant business, a little courtesy goes a long way which is why we all have "favorite" places.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Knutsford, United Kingdom
“Good service very large portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We ate there twice on our recent visit to Monteray very friendly and good service probably one of the better restaraunts in Monteray.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We had a great table by the window for a late dinner. Amazingly good cocktails and seafood! Wonderful service. The server was very attentive. The minute we thought about needing something, she was right there, without being intrusive. I highly recommend this spot.

Visited October 2012