“Just ok” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Fish Hopper is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 259 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Prescott Street
Transit: Cannery Row has free trolley service from various locations on the Monterey Peninsula with stops directly in front of the restaurant. There is also the normal public bus system which a stop within a short distance of the restaurant.
Description: The FishHopper * Experience the beauty of the Pacific Ocean, combined with world class dining on historic Cannery Row,within walking distance to the Monterey Bay Aquarium and fine shops.The Fish Hopper, once an original sardine cannery building, offers spectacular panoramic views of the beautiful Monterey Bay from every table including our heated outdoor patio. The Fish Hopper specializes in fresh sustainable seafood,certified Angus steaks,pastas and live shellfish.Some of our menu favorites are the fresh abalone from the Monterey Bay, the “Island Sampler”(fresh seared Ahi tuna from Kona served with coconut shrimp and a crab cake), Macadamia-crusted halibut, our famous “Tomahawk Chop” long bone-in Rib Eye, or fresh Dungeness Crab available year round.2010 West Coast 1st place winner for our famous clam chowder soup.In addition to our fabulous menu indulge in one of our many exotic cocktail creations. While enjoying a delicious meal watch frolicking sea otters at play and even see the occasional whale.
Morgantown, Pennsylvania
“Just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We found the drinks to be small and overpriced!!! The tuna was ok. My husband ordered the pasta dish that was good. The heat lamps on half worked so me & my eight year old were cold most of the meal.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Winchester, Kentucky
“Light lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We had a light lunch at this restaurant on Fisherman's Wharf. Yumiko had shrimp ceviche (looked like a salad to me) and I had a Sanddab (small local fish) sandwich with french fries. My wife said her ceviche was really good and my sanddab sandwich was light and flaky. Quite tasty with lemon and tartar sauce. I rate this place a little better than average for lunch.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Wales
“Good food terrible service!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Food was great which you would expect for the price but service poor. Talk about fast food!!!! We hadn't even had our appetiser plates removed when they came with the main meals. A supervisor came over to ask about our meal so I mentioned it was very fast which she was fine about. However as soon as our main meals had been taken away the waiter brought over dessert choices and seemed very perplexed when we said how rats it was ! Then at only 8.20pm they started to clear all the tables around us so we finished half a bottle of wine with the clanking of plates and cutlery feeling like it was midnight and we were the last customers to leave.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Unfriendly condescending staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Greatest clam chowder in the area! Worst staff in the area! Most staff are rude and condescending. I went to the bar to place an order as i was told by the man out front for a to go clam chowder. I was ignored for 10 minutes while bartenders stood and chatted. I spoke up, they then were annoyed at being interupted. They said "this is the bar, do we look like we have food back here". I told them the guy out front sent me in. They laughed and informed me he was being stupid. I went back and told him they said that. He got mad and boxed up my chowder thrusting it at me. Great food but they need a staff overhaul. Don't take their crap and tell the manager. Maybe the staff can match the food someday.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Iowa City, Iowa
“And I'm being generous”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

View from the patio is great. Food quite acceptable. Service poor. Never got our appetizer. Server notably absent. Didn't ask if we wanted coffee when we ordered dessert.
When we pointed out that we'd not received our calamari, the server was extremely apologetic and did comp our shared dessert. But it's unfortunate that an otherwise good experience could be offset by poor service.

Visited September 2013