“Average Seafood. In my opinion, many other better restaurants on Cannery Row and close by” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fish Hopper

Fish Hopper
700 Cannery Row Ste O, Monterey, CA 93940-1036
(831) 372-8543
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Fish Hopper is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 261 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Prescott Street
Transit: Cannery Row has free trolley service from various locations on the Monterey Peninsula with stops directly in front of the restaurant. There is also the normal public bus system which a stop within a short distance of the restaurant.
Description: The FishHopper * Experience the beauty of the Pacific Ocean, combined with world class dining on historic Cannery Row,within walking distance to the Monterey Bay Aquarium and fine shops.The Fish Hopper, once an original sardine cannery building, offers spectacular panoramic views of the beautiful Monterey Bay from every table including our heated outdoor patio. The Fish Hopper specializes in fresh sustainable seafood,certified Angus steaks,pastas and live shellfish.Some of our menu favorites are the fresh abalone from the Monterey Bay, the “Island Sampler”(fresh seared Ahi tuna from Kona served with coconut shrimp and a crab cake), Macadamia-crusted halibut, our famous “Tomahawk Chop” long bone-in Rib Eye, or fresh Dungeness Crab available year round.2010 West Coast 1st place winner for our famous clam chowder soup.In addition to our fabulous menu indulge in one of our many exotic cocktail creations. While enjoying a delicious meal watch frolicking sea otters at play and even see the occasional whale.
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

In my opinion - Average seafood and kinda pricey. The best part of this restaurant is the location and view. Other than that, skip for the food.

Taos, New Mexico
“Mixed bag.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We were told the wait would be 30 minutes: it was closer to 50. We were seated and then largely ignored. The food was tasty, but nothing special. My scampi was hot, my veggies cold on the same plate. We felt rushed. Would not return.

San Jose, California
“Great drink selection!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Good variety of food and drinks! I had the sword fish which was delicious. Our friends had the rib eye and said it was very good. My husband had the blackened ahi tuna and he said it was very good too. The only think I did not like about this restaurant is that it is so big that with a lot of people it can get noisy. It was hard to have a conversation with our friends, overall it was good.

outside Atlanta, GA
“Great selection of fish, and kid friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We went to the Fish Hopper based on Trip Advisor reviews. It's a little bit of the off season in Monterey so it was not busy. The staff took care to give our six year old her own menu and crayons and she was very happy to color.

She ordered the fish and chips - which was really delicious and not a "dumbed down" (i.e. frozen) version of fish. It was two real pieces of fish, battered and fried, with fries and a fruit cup. We asked for no melons in the fruit cup and they happily obliged.

My husband had the captains platter, which was a little expensive, but he really enjoyed it, along with a Caesar salad. The salad was very fragrant and the croutons were homemade. I am not a seafood person really so I had the fettuccine alfredo with chicken, and while not as good as homemade it was light and flavorful. We also had an apple cobbler a la mode for dessert, which was very good.

They looked to have a great selection of wines, although we didn't partake. Service attentive and nice, a little pricey but we're in a tourist town eating at a tourist place. I'm sure the views over the water are gorgeous, but we went after dark.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
santa rosa, ca
“Great seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stopped by for dinner. The food was all excellent. I had the seared tuns which was done perfectly. Others had other kinds of fish and all liked them. We had the calamari appetizer which was fine (I am not a big calamari fan). I also had the clam chowder which I would say was 4 star, not quite 5 star. We went for dinner which was too bad as they have a great view of the bay.