“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars

831-647-1444
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tarpy's Roadhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 261 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Canyon Del Rey
Transit: Monterey Salinas Transit bus line stops in front of the restaurant.
Alabama
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2009

This was my favorite restaurant for dinner in Monterey. I had the Chili Crusted Chicken with Gruyere Scalloped Potatoes.and it was delicious! Prices are a little steep but not much more than an average steak house.
Highly recommend Tarpy's Roadhouse! YUM!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Super yummy food and a beautiful building. Come for a casual meal or a special occasion. the burgers are great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2009

los angeles
“Overpriced food with not so friendly service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2008

After checked into our Hotel at the Monterey, my wife and I read the review for Tarpy's and decided to give it a try. The first impression of the restaurant decor was good. After we sat down, we waited about 5mins for the front desk host to tell us that our waitress is busy and she will take our order. This was not what I had in mind from a 4 star restaurant. The food itself did not taste as advertised by the reviews. I could have a better meal at hole on the wall restaurant than this place and not get charged over $20 per dish. I would not recommend anyone to try this place unless you have money to burn and odnt mind to try.

BTW, the online menu price is about 10-15% less than the restaurant menu. How can an established restaurant not have the time or money to update the menu prices? My guess is they want to make the prices as their selling point to attract customers to stop by.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“What a nice place! Specials are faboulous! Lime-aide is to die for. Put a bit of Vodka in it and.... WOW. Fresh, Fun...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2008

What a nice place! Specials are faboulous! Lime-aide is to die for. Put a bit of Vodka in it and.... WOW. Fresh, Fun Hardy. Makes any event a special event. Lovely wine cellar!

Carmel, CA
“One of The Best in California”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2008

I just have to say the Tarpy's is consistently one of the best restaurants in not only Monterey but in California!
My family and I have been dining there for over 15 years and it only keeps getting better! Where most have really raised their prices, Tarpy's has been consistent in that area as well.
Lovely setting, helpful and friendly professional service and a menu that has something for everyone witha great price! Really yummy and wholesome, qulaity food.
If you ave visiting Monterey I would recommend Tarpy's for all size groups and for almost any type of occasion,.