“Best All Round Value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Carmel Hill

You added Knights Inn Carmel Hill to your Saves list
Knights Inn Carmel Hill
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1374 Munras Ave, Monterey, CA 93940 (Formerly Carmel Hill Lodge)   |
Ranked #46 of 53 Hotels in Monterey
Birr, Ireland
“Best All Round Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights while on a 3 weeks holiday in California. In terms of quality and value for money this was the best deal we got. The room was large and clean. There was a microwave and fridge in the room, large, comfortable bed and couch. There was no noise from adjoining or overhead rooms on either night of our stay. Staff at reception were friendly and helpful. We did not have breakfast here as there was a wholefoodsmarket just accross the road where we availed of a healthier option. There was also an excellent pizza place - California Pizza, also across the road where we dined on one of the evenings. The location is about 30 minutes walk to downtown Monterey, all on footpaths and downhill. I would certainly stay at this Inn again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Pasadena, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Very accommodating management. A great location 3 minutes by car from Monterey Bay and a modest room rate. Room and grounds were clean and well-appointed while not palatial. A dynamite combination which will make me a repeat guest. The only negative was noise from the second-floor room directly above mine, with people walking . . .walking . . walking. Not enough noise to interfere with sleep, but what was all of the walking about? Located on "motel row" on the west side of Munras, a divided highway, immediately across the road from Delmonte Mall. That makes it tricky to drive north on Munras into Monterey left turns and u-turns are not allowed -- the trick is to drive south on Munras, turn right at the first opportunity, then turn right again at the first opportunity onto Pacific, which takes you straight to the heart of Monterey with little traffic (but watch out for joggers and dog-walkers).

Room Tip: There was substantial noise from people walking around in the second floor room directly above my ro...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

This place was both clean and cheap, but was on a main thoroughfare, which was noisy. A plus was the major mall across the street with a Starbucks, a Whole Foods and other main stores. Easy to locate but not within walking distance of any of Monterey's attractions.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
orinda, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We came here to spend a cool weekend when the rest of California was sweltering. Our room was very comfortable, & the service was outstanding. Nice and quiet at night. Location is ideal for getting to Carmel, as well as Pacific Grove and the Aquarium.

Room Tip: We preferred the lower floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Carpinteria, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

As a budget traveler, I don't expect much, but I do have nicer taste so I tend to disappointed sometimes. Granted this hotel has been here for a while, but for the price it's a GREAT place to stay. Clean, spacious, light with super friendly staff.

I called to reserve my room when I was in Carmel and the innkeeper was so friendly and nice, she patiently gave me directions when I got turned around (took the wrong exit, the correct exit is #399B). My room is spacious, super clean and smells kind of lemony.

Did I mention that the woman at the front desk was so kind? Well, she is.

The lobby smells a tad like incense, but as a fan of East Indian food and such, I found the aroma very pleasant and inoffensive, unlike other reviewers on this site. This hotel is located very close to everything and I got a great mid-week rate, I am very satisfied with this choice. VERY satisfied. I highly recommend this little gem.

And if you decide to stay here remember that this is not a $400 B&B nestled in the hills or on the shore, this is a clean hotel for a great price IN Monterey. It's located on a main thoroughfare so you'll hear road noise, if that's an issue, spring for a hotel/inn located in a more private location. Lots of shops and Whole Foods are a VERY short walk away.

This is definitely one of the nicest budget/economy hotels I've visited!

Room Tip: I got a room on the top floor at the end so I had windows in the front and on the side. LOTS of ligh...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
King City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

This was my first experience at this hotel. I read other reviews before making the reservation. My husband and I have many times during the year that we need one night in Monterey and have been looking for a reasonable place to stay. Like other reviewers, we did experience an unpleasant odor in the lobby and we would prefer to find breakfast at the mall across the street (breakfast room is tiny). But the room was updated and clean and perfect for our needs. We will add this to our list of motels in Monterey to check for stays in the future.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Glendale, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Great stay overall. Room was a little small but very clean. Shower was good. I'd stay here again. I really liked the shopping center across the street as they have a whole foods, starbucks, chipotle, and other stores.

Room Tip: If you want a quieter room stay on the second floor as you can hear the people above you walking aro...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Knights Inn Carmel Hill? Share your experiences!