“Very convenient to Aquarium. OK "customized" food.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Cannery Pizza Co.

No photo provided
Improve this listing
Ranked #157 of 225 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: Pizza
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Very convenient to Aquarium. OK "customized" food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

The idea of picking your crust, sauce and toppings makes it very nice when you have a group with varying tastes!
Service was just OK. It was near closing time. We were served but not welcomed.
For us, the convenient location was the attraction.
But, it's a fine place to get a nice pizza and drink.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Orange, California
“Average pizza crummy service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

The pizza was nothing exciting, the service was pretty terrible. The only workers were teenagers and they couldn't have cared less to be there. They were impatient and rushing me through my order even though I had never been there and was trying to decide. It was 4pm, there was no one else in there, no reason to rush me and the drinks were way over priced. I would say pass on this pizza place, so many other places to eat down there.

Visited May 2014
Tracy, California
“Neat little place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We stopped in for lunch after visiting the aquarium. It's a neat little place to have pizza and a soda (they pretty much only have pizza and soda). They just have the one size pizza, maybe about 9 inches. I didn't measure it, but it was basically somewhere between a "personal" and a "small". It was $6.99 for a cheese pizza (thin or regular crust) and $8.99 for a pizza with up to 5 toppings of your choice. The pizza was good, but nothing special taste-wise. In terms of pricing, I really wish they had an option for just cheese and 1 topping. For soda, they have a soda dispenser and bottled sodas. The soda is cold, but they do not have an ice dispenser for the fountain drinks. The process was pretty quick. Overall I am glad we had lunch there and I hope it's still there next time we visit Monterey.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Fast, friendly, and completely unique”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I wandered into Cannery Pizza Co while walking around cannery row because pizza sounded good and there wasn't a line; plus they took credit. It's a small and unassuming shop with very friendly employees who greeted me promptly and welcomed any questions I had. Basically you pick a crust (regular or thin), sauce (including pesto, alfredo or regular pizza sauce) and toppings. Think subway, but for pizza. They make the pizza in front of you, place it on a little oven conveyor belt and in a few moments you have a toasty pizza that's as unique as you are. I had thin crust alfredo with chicken, cheese and pineapple. The pineapple was great, but the chicken was a little dry. Next time I'd go for some of the sausage. They have a selection of beverages (fountain or bottled) and again, accept credit. Overall, a good vibe/chill place to eat and watch the world walk by in beautiful Monterey. I'm looking forward to my next visit!

• Visited August 2013