We stayed here for 4 nights for our mini-moon. We very much enjoyed every part of our honeymoon except for this hotel. Lets see - they couldn't find a gift that a friend left for us, put us in the wrong room at first (an ugly view of the building next door, not the courtyard/ocean view we reserved) they called us at 7:30 *AM* on our first morning there to ask about something, and then again at 8:50, didnt clean our room one day, didn't have amenities listed in their book in the room, many little things. They get 2 stars because they did upgrade our room and send champagne to the room. But overall I would never recommend this place or stay there again. They claim to be a 5 star place, but are no better than a Ramada Inn. They claim to be so cheap but really it's because they nickel and dime you for every little thing. Internet was $10 a day, but free up the street at the Motel 6.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Portola Hotel & Spa reflects the captivating spirit of a rich, historical setting surrounded by everything that the Monterey Peninsula has to offer. Your stay at the Portola Hotel begins with warm homemade chocolate chip cookies, provided at check-in. As the only Silver LEED(R)-EB certified hotel on the central coast of California, the hotel boasts 379 guestrooms and suites, an award winning full service day spa, two on site eateries, a craft brewery and more! Portola Hotel & Spa is one of California's premier family-friendly destinations offering easy access to Monterey's favorite attractions. The hotel is also pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portola Hotel And Spa At Monterey Bay
- Portola Hotel Monterey Bay