When we first arrived at the hotel, I was concerned that the rather grand surroundings may mean that our family (3 kids aged 8,6 and 1) may not be welcome. In reality, they could not have done more to make us welcome. The pirate treasure hunt was much enjoyed, as were the still-warm cookies! The staff in the restaurant in the evening were so friendly and accommodating that my husband and I were able to enjoy a delicious meal even with the kids in tow! The room we requested was accessible and perfectly met my disability requirements, and was still large enough for all of us to move about comfortably. The only thing that stops this from being an excellent review is that the breakfast served in the restaurant was incredibly busy and chaotic - too many people and nowhere near enough staff. Would certainly hope to visit again someday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Portola Hotel & Spa reflects the captivating spirit of a rich, historical setting surrounded by everything that the Monterey Peninsula has to offer. Your stay at the Portola Hotel begins with warm homemade chocolate chip cookies, provided at check-in. As the only Silver LEED(R)-EB certified hotel on the central coast of California, the hotel boasts 379 guestrooms and suites, an award winning full service day spa, two on site eateries, a craft brewery and more! Portola Hotel & Spa is one of California's premier family-friendly destinations offering easy access to Monterey's favorite attractions. The hotel is also pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portola Hotel And Spa At Monterey Bay
- Portola Hotel Monterey Bay