Had a great two night stay at the Portola. We were anticipating an upgrade as we had shared our reservation on social media and were given a voucher for an upgrade to show upon check in but we were told there weren't any. Oh, well! Our room was on the 5th floor and I was nervous because the carpet in the hallway needed a good vacuuming. Fortunately our room was clean and spacious. A bit worn in the bathroom. The breakfast buffet at Jack's was fantastic. Service was very slow but the woman making the omelettes was sweet and charming! Great selection, delicious food. Walking to Cannery Row and the aquarium was easy and the views were fabulous. Also tried Peter B Brewpub on site. Wishing we had brought jackets to sit outside as the tables had very cool fire pits in them! Inside there were too many televisions for our taste. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, Monterey is a real gem!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Portola Hotel & Spa reflects the captivating spirit of a rich, historical setting surrounded by everything that the Monterey Peninsula has to offer. Your stay at the Portola Hotel begins with warm homemade chocolate chip cookies, provided at check-in. As the only Silver LEED(R)-EB certified hotel on the central coast of California, the hotel boasts 379 guestrooms and suites, an award winning full service day spa, two on site eateries, a craft brewery and more! Portola Hotel & Spa is one of California's premier family-friendly destinations offering easy access to Monterey's favorite attractions. The hotel is also pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portola Hotel And Spa At Monterey Bay
- Portola Hotel Monterey Bay