My family and I stayed here Thursday through a Saturday night, and overall it was nice. The rooms and hotel could use a bit of a modern makeover but the beds were very comfortable, and didn't have many complaints.
We stayed on the 4th floor and I would suggest requesting a room on the 5th floor or higher. Our room opened up onto a courtyard which was pretty much eye level to people standing out there. Just lacks a little privacy when you want to open the sliding glass door for a little air. There are plantation shutters but if someone's out there, they could probably listen to your conversation if they wanted.
I liked the hotel but you're definitely paying for the location here. You can walk pretty much anywhere you'd like as a tourist in Monterey. I'd probably stay here again as long as I was on a higher floor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Portola Hotel & Spa reflects the captivating spirit of a rich, historical setting surrounded by everything that the Monterey Peninsula has to offer. Your stay at the Portola Hotel begins with warm homemade chocolate chip cookies, provided at check-in. As the only Silver LEED(R)-EB certified hotel on the central coast of California, the hotel boasts 379 guestrooms and suites, an award winning full service day spa, two on site eateries, a craft brewery and more! Portola Hotel & Spa is one of California's premier family-friendly destinations offering easy access to Monterey's favorite attractions. The hotel is also pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portola Hotel And Spa At Monterey Bay
- Portola Hotel Monterey Bay