The Portola is a large conference type of hotel. We requested the handicap room because it was cheaper. I'm not sure if all of the rooms are as big as the handicap room, but ours had quite a bit of extra space. If your a coffee or tea drinker they had a Kuerig machine with all of the fixings. We asked if they had herb tea or hot chocolate which they didn't, but they were nice enough to bring to our room four of what they thought was herb tea. I appreciated the effort they made. Close to shopping, the pier/beach and pretty much anything else you might like. We paid extra for the breakfast buffet, which had a nice selection of fruit, cheese, pastries, juices, a great omelette bar, sausages, etc. Both my husband and I said we'd love to stay here again. I would whole heartedly recommend it!l
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Portola Hotel & Spa reflects the captivating spirit of a rich, historical setting surrounded by everything that the Monterey Peninsula has to offer. Your stay at the Portola Hotel begins with warm homemade chocolate chip cookies, provided at check-in. As the only Silver LEED(R)-EB certified hotel on the central coast of California, the hotel boasts 379 guestrooms and suites, an award winning full service day spa, two on site eateries, a craft brewery and more! Portola Hotel & Spa is one of California's premier family-friendly destinations offering easy access to Monterey's favorite attractions. The hotel is also pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portola Hotel And Spa At Monterey Bay
- Portola Hotel Monterey Bay