We spent two nights here with our family of four. We came with two other families and, after reading other reviews, requested upper-floor interior rooms. The rooms were quiet, and though we didn't have a view of anything exciting, it was worth it. The pirate club for the kids was cute, it included a little bag of pirate items and a treasure hunt to do on the property - fun way to keep the kids entertained during down time. The rooms and hotel were clean and modern and comfortable. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. We ate at the in-house brewpub, Peter B's, which accommodated our large group nicely, service was a bit slow, but the food was good, nice kids menu, nice beer for the adults. The hotel gave us chocolate chip cookies at check-in, another nice touch. The rooms have Keurig machines and include a few different beverage brewing options. There is a mini fridge, too. As others mention, no AC but, monterey is mild enough, we were fine with the ceiling fan. Bed covers were nice white down duvets, very comfy. The pool and hot tub area were packed on a Saturday afternoon, but very nice space, with little tented cabanas, room service and the occasional pesky seagull. We did have to ask the front desk multiple times to fill the towel cabinet by the pool. Overall, we had a pleasant stay and would definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Portola Hotel & Spa reflects the captivating spirit of a rich, historical setting surrounded by everything that the Monterey Peninsula has to offer. Your stay at the Portola Hotel begins with warm homemade chocolate chip cookies, provided at check-in. As the only Silver LEED(R)-EB certified hotel on the central coast of California, the hotel boasts 379 guestrooms and suites, an award winning full service day spa, two on site eateries, a craft brewery and more! Portola Hotel & Spa is one of California's premier family-friendly destinations offering easy access to Monterey's favorite attractions. The hotel is also pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portola Hotel And Spa At Monterey Bay
- Portola Hotel Monterey Bay