We've stay here before - and it was wonderful - so we felt hopeful this visit would be the same great experience. Thankfully it was. We booked two rooms and took our adult daughter with us to celebrate her birthday.
The room was very clean - front desk staff were helpful and pleasant. Warm cookies upon arrival are a small thing for a hotel to do but it really has a great impact on travel weary guests :) ( It made up for the valets not asking if we needed help with the bags. )
I told the person in reservations that we were coming as part of our daughter's birthday celebration and when we arrived in her room, she was tickled to see "gifts" form the hotel ~ a bottle of wine, crackers and a fruit and cheese tray!! What a wonderful surprise!
The pool we clean and quiet - the breakfast buffet was incredible (!) - they really made our stay pleasant and pampered.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Portola Hotel & Spa reflects the captivating spirit of a rich, historical setting surrounded by everything that the Monterey Peninsula has to offer. Your stay at the Portola Hotel begins with warm homemade chocolate chip cookies, provided at check-in. As the only Silver LEED(R)-EB certified hotel on the central coast of California, the hotel boasts 379 guestrooms and suites, an award winning full service day spa, two on site eateries, a craft brewery and more! Portola Hotel & Spa is one of California's premier family-friendly destinations offering easy access to Monterey's favorite attractions. The hotel is also pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portola Hotel And Spa At Monterey Bay
- Portola Hotel Monterey Bay