Great location and atmosphere at Portola, with an ice skating rink outside and shops leading to Fisherman's Wharf nearby. The check in experience was weird. The lady didn't seem to know or care that we wanted a nice room in a great location, with easy access to the spa. She placed us as far from civilization as she could get us. We walked a half mile through the hotel and up four floors to an unacceptable place. So we tried again, and this time the room was fine. We didn't suffer from excessive noise, because the conference we attended wasn't a wild bunch. We went out of the hotel for dinner and drinks. Loved the running path that took me all the way to the Monterey Bay Aquarium and back on foot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Portola Hotel & Spa reflects the captivating spirit of a rich, historical setting surrounded by everything that the Monterey Peninsula has to offer. Your stay at the Portola Hotel begins with warm homemade chocolate chip cookies, provided at check-in. As the only Silver LEED(R)-EB certified hotel on the central coast of California, the hotel boasts 379 guestrooms and suites, an award winning full service day spa, two on site eateries, a craft brewery and more! Portola Hotel & Spa is one of California's premier family-friendly destinations offering easy access to Monterey's favorite attractions. The hotel is also pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portola Hotel And Spa At Monterey Bay
- Portola Hotel Monterey Bay