We booked a double room for 2 nights during Thanksgiving from an offer online.
We specifically requested a room in the quiet wing after reading reviews about the noise level of this hotel from T.A.
We even called the hotel and confirming a room in the quieter wing of the hotel.
Upon checking in, we reiterated the request to this lady, Marissa, and she said "yes, your room is find, it's in the quieter part of the hotel".
Low and behold, the first night, starting from 9pm and lasted to way past 1AM, the noises from the restaurant below was so loud, with drunk patrons.
The hotel is clean, the room is nice and the beds are great.
Unfortunately, if we can't sleep because of all the noise, what good is the room and beds?
The location of the hotel is great, but I would not stay in this hotel again after what happened.
- Also Known As:
- Portola Hotel And Spa At Monterey Bay
- Portola Hotel Monterey
- Portola Hotel Monterey Bay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Portola Hotel & Spa is located on the waterfront Monterey. Just steps away from historic Fisherman’s Wharf and the Monterey Bay, the hotel offers 379 nautically inspired guest rooms and suites, two onsite eateries, a full service day spa and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Loews Hotels, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.