We booked a double room for 2 nights during Thanksgiving from an offer online.
We specifically requested a room in the quiet wing after reading reviews about the noise level of this hotel from T.A.
We even called the hotel and confirming a room in the quieter wing of the hotel.
Upon checking in, we reiterated the request to this lady, Marissa, and she said "yes, your room is find, it's in the quieter part of the hotel".
Low and behold, the first night, starting from 9pm and lasted to way past 1AM, the noises from the restaurant below was so loud, with drunk patrons.
The hotel is clean, the room is nice and the beds are great.
Unfortunately, if we can't sleep because of all the noise, what good is the room and beds?
The location of the hotel is great, but I would not stay in this hotel again after what happened.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Portola Hotel & Spa reflects the captivating spirit of a rich, historical setting surrounded by everything that the Monterey Peninsula has to offer. Your stay at the Portola Hotel begins with warm homemade chocolate chip cookies, provided at check-in. As the only Silver LEED(R)-EB certified hotel on the central coast of California, the hotel boasts 379 guestrooms and suites, an award winning full service day spa, two on site eateries, a craft brewery and more! Portola Hotel & Spa is one of California's premier family-friendly destinations offering easy access to Monterey's favorite attractions. The hotel is also pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portola Hotel And Spa At Monterey Bay
- Portola Hotel Monterey Bay