I've enjoyed this hotel twice in the last year, initially three nights on business, and most recently a weekend mini-vacation. There is no seaside or quaint 'charm' here, this is a very large and modern property, but you can expect your room to be spacious, immaculate, with a particularly comfortable bed, and responsive housekeeping staff. It's location is perfect for walks along the bay, checking out the wharf, or visiting downtown's flea market. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet at Jacks located in the hotel and although abit expensive, we felt it worth every dime. We were on the fifth floor and were not bothered by noise from the Pub, the seals, or other guests. There is no air conditioning, simply unnecessary in Monterey 95 percent of the time. We were completely satisfied with our stay until we returned and read the trip-advisor reviews. We weren't offered cookies...
- Also Known As:
- Portola Hotel And Spa At Monterey Bay
- Portola Hotel Monterey
- Portola Hotel Monterey Bay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Portola Hotel & Spa is located on the waterfront Monterey. Just steps away from historic Fisherman’s Wharf and the Monterey Bay, the hotel offers 379 nautically inspired guest rooms and suites, two onsite eateries, a full service day spa and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.