“Tasty alternative to touristy fish places” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Epsilon Fine Greek Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #92 of 261 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Franklin
Fresno, California
“Tasty alternative to touristy fish places”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

If you want a break from the tourist restaurants or seafood, try this little family-owned place. The lamb shish kabob was quite good and tender. The service was personal and gracious; and the food offered a variety of new tastes.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Good food, friendly staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I've been here for lunch and dinner and really like this restaurant. The staff is really attentitive, which I sometimes find annoying but they are just really nice here. I am not exactly an expert in greek food but I like it. I recently had the gyros and the salads that came with it were good. Worth a try if you are in monterey and in the mood for greek.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London
“Greek??”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

This place is absolutely not Greek; the food they offer is a pale reflection of Greek, and absolutely not appetising. I took imam bayaldi (Greek only if you make a concession); it came on an enormous plate full of rice, other kinds of nameless and tasteless veg, and tasted sweet. So we're talking Greek sanitised for unadventurous American taste. Very disappointing - pity because the decor is appealing.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
København
“Dry, uninspiring, too expensive food. Friendly staff though.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Based on the good reviews on Tripadvisor, my friend and I, on our one night in Monteray travelling Big Sur, choose Epsilon for dinner.

Before entering the restaurant we studies the menu by the door and found the prices and the food appealing. Then when we sat down by the table and looked over the menu, we found out that the menu by the entrance was the lunch menu, which was quite cheaper! It was of course our own fault that we didn't pay attention, but still...

My friend ordered the lamb and I got the salmon. The rice, green beans (which was all grey, probably made from frozen beans) and the white bean salat was on both plates - not very original, and I don't think the side dishes fitted my salmon, which was very dry! I was very dissapointed. The lamb according to my friend was fine and so was the service, the waitress was very sweet. We each ordered a glas of wine and the bill ended at 70$, which I think was way too expensive for what we got!

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Not bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Found Epsilon Fine Greek Restaurant on the Tripadvisor mobile app a few weeks ago when we were passing through Monterey. We had been craving some Greek food and we were happy to have found this place. Restaurant was pretty empty. Only two other tables, but it was a little past the usual time for dinner rush. Menu had the typical choices, plenty to try if you've not had Greek before. The waiter was awesome and attentive to us. Dolmades were decent. Gyro meat was okay. Overall the meal was not too shabby. Not the best Greek food I've ever had, but fair. I will say that I do eat a lot of Greek, Middle Eastern, and Mediterranean food, so I can be a little picky about it. Bottom line, if you're looking for Greek in Monterey, this is it, and it's not bad.

• Visited September 2013