“Expensive but delicious” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sardine Factory is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 259 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Prescott
Transit: MST stop less than 2 blocks away on the corner of Wave St. & David.
Description: Every city has that one restaurant you can’t miss, where celebrities feel at home and every guest feels like a celebrity. The Sardine Factory's cachet has made dining in this historic Cannery Row setting a tradition for world leaders, sports heroes and entertainment icons. The award winning chefs prepare delectable creations of fresh, sustainable seafood and USDA Prime Beef; winner the AAA Four Diamond Award and the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence for over 25 years.
Monterey
“Expensive but delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2009

Took my boyfriend to the Sardine Factory for his birthday dinner and it was fantastic. We sat in the garden room which is a beautiful setting. The service is excellent and the food was wonderful. He had the surf and turf and I had the 1/2 lobster and filet mignon. It was a bit much for myself be he managed to finish. I wish I had ordered the full lobster though. The desserts look wonderful but we were to full to try any. It's a little pricey but you go there expecting it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Calgary, Canada
“Never again...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2009

We are in Monterey and we did NOT do our homework. So we got into the car dressed in shorts and started driving around Monterey looking for a restaurant. We stopped at the Sardine Factory, since the name indicated fish and that's what I wanted to eat. Also there is boat in the front, so that confirmed it for us. Got to the door and realized BIG MISTAKE. First of all, it's real fancy, really felt out of place in our shorts and secondly, they serve very little fish. More seafood than fish. We had a nice friendly waiter. I asked him if I should pasta with lobster sauce or scampi sauce. He suggested the pasta with scampi sauce. Definition of Scampi is lobster tails. Sardine Factory's definition of scampi is shrimp. Not what I wanted, but they were really nice about it, they only charged me for the pasta, therefore $9.00 instead of $27.00. My husband had calamari steak and he said it was ok. I'm still trying to figure out where do they find giant calamari to make steak out of them. All in all, overpriced and really not good.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Tracys Landing, Maryland
“Poor value”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2009

This place was a big disappointment. The food and service was OK, but not what one expects at the price. (Actually aside from being OK, I found the service rather pretentious.) The tables were close together. There was a couple sitting next to us who were obviously trying to have a romantic evening. Having strangers sitting within 4 or 5 feet doesn't seem conducive to romance.

Bottom line: find another restaurant.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
here
“Best restaurant ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

After 45 years of traveling, none better. If we'd known about it sooner would have eaten there every night. Wonderful appetizers menu in bar area. Two blocks from Cannery Row with their own parking lot...free.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oceanside, CA
“Worst steak of my whole life.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2009

We had dinner here and I asked Richard if he were to order one of the steaks, which one he would order. He said the New York. It was $29.00 ala carte and was just awful. It was almost all fat and gristle. The next morning, I still had fat on the roof of my mouth. Why didn't I send it back? Because I'm an idiot!!! I'm still kicking myself.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere