“Blankets were not comfortable, tv remote barely worked...” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #18 of 53 Hotels in Monterey
Fortuna, California
“Blankets were not comfortable, tv remote barely worked...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Blankets were not comfortable, tv remote barely worked, carpet was lumpy. Otherwise, the room was good.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Rio de Janeiro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was suprised by this hotel. Since it was cheap, I was expecting something not nice. However, the room was big and clean. It hás microwave and freege. The brekfast was simple but it was included in the Price. The location is also good, if you have a car. Very close to Carmel and Monterey aquarium. Very good experience.

Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were a bit leary to check out this motel but didn't want to spend a great deal of money as we were just passing through and not staying to view the sights in this beautiful town. The fellow at the desk was very nice and helpful in checking us in and in directing us to places to eat. The room was clean and bright and very comfortable. Would definitely stay here again. Very nice for the price!

Reno, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We usually stay at the Ramada Ltd just down the street and have always been happy there. Based on the good reviews on this motel we decided to make a reservation here for a change of pace. I was so disappointed. When we checked in the man at the reservation desk was unfriendly and made us feel uncomfortable. The outside of the motel was dirty and dingy. Most of the small motels in Monterey have flower pots and greenery and look very clean. This motel did not. There weren't any plants/flowers and the parking lot and walkways were dirty. The room was very small, hardly enough room to turn around in, but it was very clean inside. The bed was comfortable and the wi-fi worked. The bathroom was very unusual. It was extra large but it had only a sink, shower/tub and toilet. With all that space there wasn't any counter space at all. The breakfast was okay, cereal, frozen waffles, juice, etc. When we checked out the man at the desk (same as the night before) did manage to smile. The motel is "no smoking" but the parking lot was full of people smoking just outside their doors.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Penn Valley, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2015

We stayed here based on the 4 star reviews and the proximity to Pt Lobos trail.

PRO: the bed was comfortable; conveniently located to where we had been; discovered a great little restaurant- The Market Restaurant just down the street (2140 motel - 2399 restaurant). I would still drive due traffic on Fremont; AND THE PRICE $64 TOTAL.

CON: When we drove up, the outside appearance scared me...oh god what had I done. The lobby was small and the man that greeted me didn't smile or welcome me...just asked questions...ID etc. When we entered the room it smelled strongly of cheap carwash deodorant...I left the door open to air it out while we unloaded the car. I checked to see if I could open the window and found that I couldn't and that it was very dirty. I immediately checked the bathroom and there was some mold in the shower and the kleenex dispenser was rusty. The floor near the tub appeared to be dirty or poorly grouted. The carpet was ok but could have been shampooed as well...I didn't go barefoot. Breakfast was lego waffles and cereal packs... no fruit.

I would not come back as I feel that spending a few dollars more elsewhere would provide a much better experience.

My husband summed it up...you get what you pay for....

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Super8Monterey, Manager at Super 8 Monterey, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the comfortable bed. We are disappointed to hear that the exterior appearance, service, and cleanliness fell short of your expectations. We have addressed your concerns with our staff. Thank you again and please feel welcomed at our Super 8 anytime.

Been to Super 8 Monterey? Share your experiences!