“Restful Newlyweds” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 53 Hotels in Monterey
Hercules, California
“Restful Newlyweds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We drove to Monterey from Hercules.My new wife and I checked in May 28 2013. I can't remember the front desk lady's name, (but she ran the motel with her husband). She was very fast, professional, and helpful. When we were checking in I noticed a bunch of construction workers checking in. I was concerned about loud boisterous parties, but the lady assured me that they were quiet, but still offered us a different room. She was right, no noise from them or anyone. The rooms were clean, and comfortable, and priced just right.
The breakfast was more than expected, but tasty. Breakfast time was a little early for me, but glad I had a new wife that didn't mind the time. This motel is located close to everything. I would definitely stay here again when WE return to Monterey for our 1 year anniversary.

Room Tip: Treat people like you would like to be treated.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Super8Monterey, Manager at Super 8 Monterey, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Congratulations! We are glad you chose our property and had a pleasant experience. We look forward to seeing you on your one year anniversary.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Waterford, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Room was average, bed was comfortable and the shower was good. Room had a weird smell when I first checked in but it dissipated. Problem with the smoke detector was fixed promptly which was good. TV channels were above average. I didn't eat breakfast during my stay but the room looked really small. I stayed for 3 days and was happy enough with the price I paid. Overall, happy enough.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your great experience. We are glad you enjoyed the comfortable bed and shower. We will work with our housekeeping and maintenance staff to improve the guest room odor and maintenance. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I spend two or three nights per month in Monterey passing through on business, and I always stay here, so I'm sure I've spent 20+ nights. It is always pleasant to walk in the lobby and be greeted with "Oh, it is so good to see you again!"

This pleasant, family run motel is a quiet, comfortable, relaxing place to stay. The owners are always doing things to keep the motel bright and shiny and up to date, with nicely decorated rooms including a fridge and coffee makers, nice granite counters in the bathrooms, and great, quick, free WiFi and ample sized TVs with lots of cable channels. The beds are comfortable, and the rooms are always extremely well cleaned. While cozy to medium sized, the rooms are restful and quiet, and you can park right outside your door.

Breakfast served in the lobby consists of pastries, cold cereal, oatmeal, toast, coffee and juices. I usually just grab something to take back to the room. I think they've upgraded the coffee lately, as it was delicious this morning. If you need a heartier breakfast, there is a pretty good Denny's right across the street.

Bottom line is that when I need to spend the night in Monterey, this is where I look first, as it is really comfortable and has some of the best rates in town.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Super8Monterey, Manager at Super 8 Monterey, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
We are glad you still feel our Super 8 Monterey is your favorite property in Monterey. Our staff works very hard to provide guests with a pleasant experience. We have also upgraded our breakfast, and now use Farmer Brother's finest coffee. Thank you for your kind words and we hope to see you soon.
Basel, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

What the previous reviewer said is almost true:
Small room, small area for breakfast and simple breakfast (no fruit, no juice...)

But I have to add that the my room was very quiet, which is a very good point (often motels are very noisy) and the bathroom was great.

My room was clean and I even got a reduced price because I was alone.

I would definitely stay here again and I'd recommend this motel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Super8Monterey, Manager at Super 8 Monterey, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed our property. We are glad you enjoyed the quietness of the room and bathroom. Thank you for the recommendation and we hope to see you real soon.

Been to Super 8 Monterey? Share your experiences!