“Thank you” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 53 Hotels in Monterey
Alta Loma, California
“Thank you”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

My family would like to thank the El Dorado Inn for being so understanding. We booked a room to celebrate our Anniversary as we started up the coast to celebrate our two oldest grandsons graduations!. A week before we were to leave on vacation ( my husband is retired and I've been teaching 44 years) we got word my 89 year old mother was in the hospital. I quickly cancelled all reservations. For some reason our reservation for El Dorado Inn was pending? My beautiful mother passed away. We were charged for the night stay in Monterey. With a few phone calls the matter was resolved. Thank you so much for understanding our situation. I highly recommend this cute little hotel if you are ever in Monterey.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Sharon C, Manager at Villa Franca Inn, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you! I've met so many really wonderful people this past year as the manager of the inn.
My vision for our little place, is that it will be clean, warm/friendly, and a good place to come and just relax. Though we aren't a full bed and breakfast, the homemade breakfast and casual, friendly atmosphere hopefully helps us meet that goal. We aren't a 5 star bed and breakfast, we're more a working-class oasis from all the hustle and bustle that comes with travel. Come again anytime...it was a real pleasure to meet you!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Mandeville, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

First, let me say that Ms Sharon is amazing! Her delicious muffins in the morning are a great start to the day! We (family of 4) stayed for a week and it was truly our home away from home. Ms Sharon told us where to eat, where to wash clothes, what is the best times to visit, everything! The rooms were recently remodeled, carpets were clean and the bathroom had been updated. (Carpets did not look dirty, but service men were arriving the day we checked out in order to shampoo then again). No AC, but that doesn't matter bc the cool Monterey air cooled the room comfortably. It was a safe place to stay (leave your windows open all day). The beds were comfortable and pillows were soft. My girls called Ms Sharon their "Grammy away from home". Her personal stories shared, laughing, and dedication to her job was shining through. I would definately go back and stay here again! You can absolutely see the love and care that goes into this place.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Sharon C, Manager at Villa Franca Inn, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thank you so much for coming to our little inn and leaving such a wonderful gift of yourselves with us. My granddaughter wrote Zoe loves Timmy on your rock and we put it back in the garden as lasting memory of your visit...come agina anytime and visit...blessings, Sharon and Elvira
Ozona, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We stayed one night and the lady at the desk (manager/owner?) was very friendly and helpful. She made an amazing homemade breakfast, and I haven't stopped thinking about her muffins! I may have to ask for the recipe! The room was clean and comfortable, with a recently updated bathroom. The beds were comfortable, too. What more could you ask for! If we ever find ourselves in the area, I will DEFINITELY stay there again.

Room Tip: Some rooms only have a shower, but a few have tubs.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Larne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

We arrived in Monterey not having pre-booked and ended up in this little gem! Sharon couldn't have been more helpful, we had a problem with our hire car and she insisted we use her own phone to call the hire company. The room was very clean and after a good nights sleep the breakfast was an unexpected bonus, personally prepared by Sharon, muffins, oatmeal, coffee and freshly cut fruit. The location of the inn ticks another box as it is less than a 10 minute walk to the town centre. Highly recommended"

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Modesto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

My daughter and I met my sister and her friend from Oklahoma and shared a room that was ample for all 4 of us. The hostess, Sharon, was so down to earth as well as an excellent cook. We all loved her blueberry/banana muffins. She provided such healthy, nutritional foods for breakfast. We especially enjoyed the fire log in our room. I'm planning on booking a room at this place the next time I come to Monterey.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

The hospitality is over the top! Best breakfast, steel cut oatmeal and home baked muffins. We had a cozy room with a fireplace. Perfect location, close to everything! Highly recommended! I really loved the friendliness of the staff, specifically Sharon, she really makes a difference in your stay, she is so helpful about the area attractions and very nice!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We booked a room here after a last minute decision to take our son to Monterey/Carmel for the Memorial holiday weekend. This place is an older facility with a few minor updates in the room. It was a basic room that was clean and served our purpose for one night. However, the guests in the room above us were very noisy. We didn't get to try the breakfast because we had brunch reservations.

Stayed May 2014

Been to Villa Franca Inn? Share your experiences!