“RTW Trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Munras Inn

You added Munras Inn to your Saves list
Munras Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1010 Munras Avenue, Monterey, CA 93940 (Formerly Vagabond Inn Monterey)   |
Special Offer
Book Direct - Save 15%
Ranked #39 of 53 Hotels in Monterey
San Francisco, California
“RTW Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Motel is 2 to 3 miles away from the wharf and cannery district and about 1 mile from the nearest mall. The room was spacious and clean. Staff friendly and helpful. Met our needs for a 1 night stay. Basic breakfast but good for price.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Troy, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Munras Inn, a few miles from the Monterey State Beach and all other sites made it very ideally located for us. We found the room to be very spacious, clean and comfortable.
The management and staff were very friendly and the service was excellent which made our stay at Munras Inn, a very pleasant one.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

When choosing somewhere to stay in Monterey, we were torn between Munras Inn and one other on the same road. I wish we had chosen the other.

As we walked into the room, everything seemed clean. However, there was an empty packet of condoms in the bin which made me worry what else we may find... The next morning, my friend woke up with blood on the sheets but no cut or wound to suggest this had come from her.

I left Monterey covered in bed bug bites. They were over my feet, my back, my arms and even my eyebrow!

I would definitely think twice before booking into the Munras Inn. I'm certain there are nicer, cleaner places in Monterey that are the same price!

Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Tania M, Manager at Munras Inn, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Our sincerest apologies for your unpleasant experience. I was surprised with the review as well because we did not have any complaints during the stay. In response to your review, we had called an emergency pest control to inspect the room. The report indicates no sign of insects or bed bugs in the room. We had other rooms checked also, I am glad that the reports were all good. If you would have informed us during the stay we would have made extra efforts to make your stay a better experience. I hope you give us another chance to make your stay more pleasant next time. Thank you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My boyfriend and i stay here from time to time. We do alot of traveling to the monterey area for business. And this is a really nice hotel to relax..its also romanic as they have the fireplace in the rooms. After a entire day of dealing with business meetings and a full work load day, its nice to kick your shoes off and relax in your room with your significant other..

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Hayward, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights for a event nearby and being only a two star hotel I wasn't expect that much but I was in for a surprise! Upon checking in the place seemed nice but nothing to over the top and it is on a VERY busy street but the gentleman that helped me was VERY nice and we discuss about the event I was attending. He made me feel right at home and describe where the room was very accurately. They had a breakfast area which consisted of bagged cinnamon rolls, some fruit and coffee. Also there was a outside sitting area with plenty of places to sit but no view of anything expect the hotel property and the other business nearby/
The room was on the bottom floor which at first I wasn't all that comfortable with but there was parking right outside the room and it was covered so from the side street it wasn't to bad as far as being safe. The room was on the large size with a table, two chairs, fridge and microwave. The TV was a great size with plenty of channels to choose from. The negative side was that there was a fireplace but between me and my other travel companion we could not figure out how to use it. Since it was on the bottom floor the view was of a wall, another business and a tiny garden. So if your there for the view look else where. Also even though we were near the street you could only hear it if the window was open. Other then that the room was VERY quiet and I got a good night sleep every night.
The property was split to two buildings and the soda machine was in my building and the ice machine was on the other which was a little confusing the first night. Also the parking lot is a tad small but since it wasn't sold out we always found a place to park. Also if your worried about parking downtown Monterey isn't to far away so if your up for some exercise you can walk there with the surrounding area being just fine to do it in.
The Vagabond Inn Monterey is a great choice to stay if your looking for someplace cheap and simple and that's not far away from anything nearby.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

We come to Monterey to relaxx this motel is perfect..The beds are comfy...very romantic...My husband and I love the area close to restaurants ect..the front desk is always kind and always making us feel welcome!! Thank u

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Gdansk, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

We were delighted by the spacious room, the bathroom, the fireplace and the view over the bay. The service was also great and the staff was very hospitable. All in all, a lovely and cozy place to stay, especially when the fog is rolling in in Monterey.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Munras Inn? Share your experiences!