“Short drive to fishermans wharf. Large shopping complex just up the hill with resturants and cinemas” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Inn By The Bay Monterey

You added Inn By The Bay Monterey to your Saves list
Inn By The Bay Monterey
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   936 Munras Avenue, Monterey, CA 93940 (Formerly El Adobe Inn)   |
Ranked #28 of 53 Hotels in Monterey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Large rooms comfortable beds tea coffee maker fridge + microwave in room staff friendly breakfast only toast and pastries coffee and juice no where to sit but you took it back to eat in comfort in your room

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The room was pretty big and clean, with a comfortable bed. The owners were brilliant - really friendly and full of good advice on local events. I enjoyed the breakfast too - toast, cake and fruit - set us up nicely for the day.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Great little find. We checked in and the lady on the front desk was very welcoming. We were able to check in quickly and was given a choice of room. The room was very clean and tidy (as other reviews have said the walls are extremely thin so conversations were quiet, however we did have a room with an adjoining door to another room so wonder whether this was the reason for that).
The room and towells were all clean.

Breakfast was toast, juice, coffee, muffins so depends on your appetite but it was fine for us. The only drawback being only two chairs to sit and eat so you really need to take it back to your room.

We found the owners to be very pleasant, when we asked a particular question, the gentleman answered us comprehensively and also chased us down the street when he recalled something else which may be helpful to us.:)
Upon checking out, I was advised because of the room selected I was due a refund and this was processed quickly, nice surprise.

In a very good location, 10 minute walk to the front, which my husband and I did several times late at night and felt safe at all times.

Overall good budget place to say, would def return.

Room Tip: Pobably best not to go for the rooms which are adjoining, might be less noise travelling through.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

We got to Monterey late in the day, around 9pm and headed to this street, which is literally one motel after another. El Adobe has free WiFi and parking so we pulled in and got a great low rate for two nights. Room was big, had a fridge, tv and en suite. It was a notch above basic and clean - I'd recommend to others like us who literally just want somewhere safe and clean to sleep... With free WiFi!

• Stayed September 2012
norfolk
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

I did not stay here. I know the area and its located on a safe street near Del Monte Center and its quaint and cute. I made reservations because I wanted a fun place to stay while the movers were packing up our house. I read over the website to check the pet policy and all that was stated was that there would be a pet fee of $15/ night. I read some strange reviews on tripadvisor ( I always check reviews) about the pet policies that are not displayed on the web. I called to check and they do not allow pets in the room by themselves. I understand if they need to be crated, but not left alone? At all? I cancelled my reservations. I didn't check about the others things like "charging double pet fees if the dog is larger" or that you "must cross a busy highway to let your dog do its business" or that they charge extra if your pet "does it business too close to the hotel" so if you have a pet, I would call to clarify these rules. If you play a round of golf, you'll have to bring Fido with you as well as any restaurant or the Aquarium too. It may be a great deal but plan to board your dog at a kennel if you want to go anywhere. And ps, according to the other reviews, I wouldn't use the hot tub!!!

• Stayed October 2012
hema p, General Manager at Inn By The Bay Monterey, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am the new general manager of the Inn and I will use your review to better inform our guests of our pet policies.

The following is our new policy:
There is a $15 dollar fee per pet per night.
The pet must remain with you at all times simply due to the fact that pets often bark or meow when they miss their owners and this results in noise complaints from other guests.

Thank you for your review and I will ensure we notify our future customers.

Nisha
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I was a little concerned after reading mixed reviews, but didn't need to be. Room was great, fridge, microwave, comfortable King Bed, there is no aircon, but you didn't need it, they provided a fan which was adequate. Breakfast was basic, but fine for us, toast, coffee, bagels, cakes. We got a bargain at $59 pn. We could walk to downtown in 10 min, we also walked to Fisherman's Wharf and Cannery Row but that is a fair distance if you're not a walker, ok for medium fitness level.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ABC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Stayed for only one night. Staff was friendly, rooms were comfy (equipped with fridge and flatscreen TV) and the breakfast is o.k, comes with sweet pastry, coffee etc. There's lots of parking space and it's not far from the harbor.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Inn By The Bay Monterey? Share your experiences!