“Great value for money.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn By The Bay Monterey

Save Saved
You added Inn By The Bay Monterey to your Saves list
Inn By The Bay Monterey
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   936 Munras Avenue, Monterey, CA 93940 (Formerly El Adobe Inn)   |
Ranked #26 of 53 Hotels in Monterey
Brisbane, Australia
“Great value for money.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I was a little concerned after reading mixed reviews, but didn't need to be. Room was great, fridge, microwave, comfortable King Bed, there is no aircon, but you didn't need it, they provided a fan which was adequate. Breakfast was basic, but fine for us, toast, coffee, bagels, cakes. We got a bargain at $59 pn. We could walk to downtown in 10 min, we also walked to Fisherman's Wharf and Cannery Row but that is a fair distance if you're not a walker, ok for medium fitness level.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
ABC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Stayed for only one night. Staff was friendly, rooms were comfy (equipped with fridge and flatscreen TV) and the breakfast is o.k, comes with sweet pastry, coffee etc. There's lots of parking space and it's not far from the harbor.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Stayed for 3 night while passing though Monterey and Carmel.Was clean and owners were friendly.Maids did a great job.You are a 5 min. car ride from the wharf which is great.Paid $100 a night they are pet friendly for $15 which is good.The only complaint I have is the beds were very bad for the back.Also there is no A/C which well it was not too hot when we were there but hot days could be a problem.

Room Tip: Be prepared for a back ache
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
manchester england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

me my wife and my brother and his wife stayed here on the 5th and 6th of august, this is our second time staying at the el adobe (we stayed here in 2006) we found the rooms clean and comfortable, if a little small, and the motel is in a convienient location for down town monterey,i thought the rooms were a little pricey for a sunday monday stay at $220 but i dont know if thats average for monterey in a basic motel, the indian lady that owns the place is very friendly and polite, so yes if clean basic accommodation is what your after then this place wont dissapoint.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Westport, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I have never experienced such awful hotel service.
I booked two nights for July back in April. When it got closer to the time I sent an e-mail to the hotel to confirm our booking since I had not received a confirmation e-mail. I received no response.
I tried to log onto their website to confirm our booking, but with no luck. I them submitted a request for confirmation through their website, again no response.
Three days before we were due to arrive I e-mailed to cancel our reservation (I also submitted it through their website) even though it felt like I was dealing with a hotel that didn't exist. Again, surprise, surprise, no response.
At this stage I was thinking maybe the hotal had been forced to close down or something that would someway excuse such rudeness and bad customer service.
Now comes the really shocking bit. I returned home from an amazing holiday in the USA, having put this incident out of my mind, only to find the El Adobe Inn had charged my $106 for the whole experience.
I cannot believe such a place is still in business, I hate to imagine how they deal with customers face-to-face.
I e-mailed every address I can find for the hotel to complain, but guess what, no response.
I am disgusted by the whole experience, this hotel doesn't deserve your business.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
hema p, General Manager at Inn By The Bay Monterey, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. There has been a change in management and I will be using reviews like yours to improve upon our service. I sincerely apologize for the lack of follow though on our behalf.

Nisha
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I made this reservation clearly for 2 adults and 1 child and received a certain rate. When I arrived the check-in person (owner, I believe) showed me a print out with that quoted rate, then handed me a charge slip to sign. It was about $15 higher and she didn't say a word. I pointed out the discrepancy and she said it was because we had a child and showed me a printed policy. That's fine - but this charge was never upfront and she clearly hoped I wouldn't notice. There was never a specific child amount noted anywhere on the original reservation. The entire experience soured the hotel for me, which was already a little shabby. Will never stay here again. Other hotels were easily price-competitive. BTW, we stayed at many CA hotels on this trip and didn't have an issue with a single other one!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
San Jose, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed at this hotel in May when we came to monterey to do my Hair trial for my wedding and it was good value and clean room we had a room with a king & a twin room was a little small with the 2 beds but it worked out great for us it is close to where we needed to be. Would stay again if in monterey area

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Inn By The Bay Monterey? Share your experiences!