“good clean basic accomodation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Inn By The Bay Monterey

You added Inn By The Bay Monterey to your Saves list
Inn By The Bay Monterey
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   936 Munras Avenue, Monterey, CA 93940 (Formerly El Adobe Inn)   |
Ranked #28 of 53 Hotels in Monterey
manchester england
“good clean basic accomodation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

me my wife and my brother and his wife stayed here on the 5th and 6th of august, this is our second time staying at the el adobe (we stayed here in 2006) we found the rooms clean and comfortable, if a little small, and the motel is in a convienient location for down town monterey,i thought the rooms were a little pricey for a sunday monday stay at $220 but i dont know if thats average for monterey in a basic motel, the indian lady that owns the place is very friendly and polite, so yes if clean basic accommodation is what your after then this place wont dissapoint.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Westport, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I have never experienced such awful hotel service.
I booked two nights for July back in April. When it got closer to the time I sent an e-mail to the hotel to confirm our booking since I had not received a confirmation e-mail. I received no response.
I tried to log onto their website to confirm our booking, but with no luck. I them submitted a request for confirmation through their website, again no response.
Three days before we were due to arrive I e-mailed to cancel our reservation (I also submitted it through their website) even though it felt like I was dealing with a hotel that didn't exist. Again, surprise, surprise, no response.
At this stage I was thinking maybe the hotal had been forced to close down or something that would someway excuse such rudeness and bad customer service.
Now comes the really shocking bit. I returned home from an amazing holiday in the USA, having put this incident out of my mind, only to find the El Adobe Inn had charged my $106 for the whole experience.
I cannot believe such a place is still in business, I hate to imagine how they deal with customers face-to-face.
I e-mailed every address I can find for the hotel to complain, but guess what, no response.
I am disgusted by the whole experience, this hotel doesn't deserve your business.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
hema p, General Manager at Inn By The Bay Monterey, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. There has been a change in management and I will be using reviews like yours to improve upon our service. I sincerely apologize for the lack of follow though on our behalf.

Nisha
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I made this reservation clearly for 2 adults and 1 child and received a certain rate. When I arrived the check-in person (owner, I believe) showed me a print out with that quoted rate, then handed me a charge slip to sign. It was about $15 higher and she didn't say a word. I pointed out the discrepancy and she said it was because we had a child and showed me a printed policy. That's fine - but this charge was never upfront and she clearly hoped I wouldn't notice. There was never a specific child amount noted anywhere on the original reservation. The entire experience soured the hotel for me, which was already a little shabby. Will never stay here again. Other hotels were easily price-competitive. BTW, we stayed at many CA hotels on this trip and didn't have an issue with a single other one!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
San Jose, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed at this hotel in May when we came to monterey to do my Hair trial for my wedding and it was good value and clean room we had a room with a king & a twin room was a little small with the 2 beds but it worked out great for us it is close to where we needed to be. Would stay again if in monterey area

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Not a good place for the money. The room smelled of some odor and was only tolerable for one night!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We have undergone a management change and we will use reviews like yours to improve upon our service.

Nisha
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

this is a notch below average. Shabby , cobbled together rooms and furnishings in a neighborhood full of similar accommodations. Parking and wifi are free. Breakfast is very basic. My next trip here will focus less on location and more on comfort. We paid almost 200.00 a night (summer weekend) for this sorry place.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Long Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

The location was the best feature of this hotel. Everything else was okay. The walls were thin and we also heard a lot of noise from the second floor (we were on the 1st floor). Continental breakfast was basic.

I would probably try a different hotel next time just to check if there was something better in the area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Inn By The Bay Monterey? Share your experiences!