“Great hotel for the price!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey

You added Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2227 N Fremont St, Monterey, CA 93940 (Formerly America's Best Value Inn & Suites - Cypress Tree Inn)   |
Ranked #17 of 53 Hotels in Monterey
“Great hotel for the price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We had a great stay. The staff was very friendly. We stayed in one of the mini suites with a balcony. It was nice that we could put the baby (1 year) to bed and then sit out on the balcony without waking him up. We will stay here again. We have already recommended it to several of our friends. Only drawback is that the entire hotel is non smoking so my husband could not smoke his cigar that he brought, but it really was not that big of a issue.

• Stayed June 2013
Neil P, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your mini suite with a balcony. All the rooms were newly renovated and we glad that you enjoyed your experience with us. My staff works very hard to make sure that guests are treated properly. We are glad to hear that you took advantage of the balcony and enjoyed it. We definitely want other recommendations so we are glad that you already referred us to several of your friends and we want to see you again in the future.

Thanks,

Neil (G.M.)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Los Angeles, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We booked a one night stay at this inn based on previous reviews from other tripadvisor users.
Check in was easy. We expected our room to be what others had said which was basically clean with no frills and it was exactly that. Our TV was not connected to a signal when we first turned it on and my husband told the front desk and the issue was dealt with within 15 minutes which I consider very good customer service. The king bed was comfortable, the pillows were not. Only minor issues we had were the occasional stomping heard from upstairs and the light outside our window was very bright during the night. We tried several switches but none turned it off. The bathroom was quite small and the water pressure from the sink surprised me almost every time I turn it on. It shot straight out if I didn't turn it on slowly at first. Overall, this place worked for us because we knew exactly what we were getting. Good budget stay.

Room Tip: We booked directly online.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Neil P, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Stacee,

First I would like to thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to voice your concerns during your stay with us. We appreciate your willingness to take the time to let us know where improvements are needed so that we may continue to maintain our high standards. We want to sincerely apologize that the TV was not connected in the first place. We never want you to feel that you are not welcome and not taken care of properly. We value all of our guests and we want to give them the best customer service they have ever experienced. We definitely want to make your stay better next time you come visit us so we really hope to see you again in the future. Again, sorry for any inconvenience that you experienced during your stay. We hope to see you again.

Thanks,

Redwood City, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I had to schedule a last minute, overnight trip to Monterey mid-week and stumbled across the Red Roof Inn by searching hotels near my customer in Seaside. I had called a hoard of hotels and received astronomical rates for less than stellar accommodations. I decided to just drive over to the Red Roof and check on rates. The gentleman (owner) at the front desk was remarkably helpful and offered an incredibly fair rate. All said and done I was in a mini-suite for around $90 post-tax. Comfortable bed, large bathroom, GREAT temperature control (I like it cold!) and very quiet even being on the ground floor. I do a lot of one-nighters around Northern California and this will definitely be a spot I hit on my next trip to the Monterey territory.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Neil P, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Jimmy,

We are so pleased and honored to hear that you gave us a perfect rating based on your experience staying with us. We always love to assist guests with last minute check-ins since we know they have very busy schedules. We always want to be friendly with our guests because it makes them feel comfortable and welcome. We are glad that you could enjoy the comfortable bed and a cool temperature control. Please refer us to your friends and family in the future and we hope to see you again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is located great area and its very clean. Brand new everything in the rooms and very pleasant service from the staff. Great rates with wifi and breakfast included. Rooms come with refrigerators and microwaves too. Real nice place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013
Neil P, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are so glad to hear that you have given us a perfect rating based on your stay with us. We recently went through renovation with the entire property from the interior to the exterior and we are glad that you enjoyed the new look. We always want to make upgrades for our hotel so that guests can enjoy these different amenities. My staff members are always friendly and they want to make sure that the guest in their number one priority. Please refer us to your friends and family and we hope to see you again in the future.

Hollywood, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

When I'm on the road, I don't stay at 4 star resorts. I am on vacation and am out and about. I don't spend much time in the room. I just need a place that is clean and convenient. The Red Roof Inn in Monterey is just that! The staff was friendly. Not exactly walking distance to the Wharf, app. 2 miles away, but we had bikes so that did not matter. There are plenty of places to stock up on supplies close by including a Big Five. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We are glad you enjoyed your experience with us. We want to make sure that the guests feel warm and welcome when they arrive. We also make sure that if any guests have long nights, we do our absolute best to make everything easy for them. We want to let our guests know that there are plenty of convenient stores located nearby so that they can purchase anything they need. Please refer us to your friends and family and we hope to see you again in the future.

Diamond Bar, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I booked my reservation based on the reviews found here and I am so glad I did.

Check in was easy. The hotel staff at the time of check in was extremely friendly. Asked where we were coming from, what we were doing in Monterey and seemed genuinely interested. Everything went smoothly and they handed us our room keys and we were in!

The room itself was really nice. Clean and simple. Not too many frills. The bed was comfy. The only thing I wished was different were the pillows. 2 small pillows for a queen bed weren't enough for me, but that's because I love pillows when I sleep. So maybe for some, 1 pillow per person might be sufficient. It's a good thing I always bring a pillow with me when I travel.

The bathroom was clean, the towels were ok, not the softest quality, but they did their jobs. The shower was really nice, I think I lingered in there because it felt so good!

The parking was great when we first came in because I think everyone was out watching fireworks. When we got back from a late dinner, parking was limited, but we didn't have a hard time finding a spot.

Check out was really easy as well. The staff was so friendly! They also sell tickets for the Monterey Bay Aquarium!! We were the first ones to purchase from them. They also printed the tickets out for us. Which, if you're looking to go to the Aquarium, purchase the tickets from the hotel. There's no price difference, but it eliminates having to wait in a really long line to buy tickets at the aquarium. Since we purchased our tickets from the hotel, we stood in a separate line that was much much shorter than the other line. So worth it!

I would definitely stay at this hotel again! It was clean, staff was friendly, and everything went smoothly!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Krissa,

We are very glad that you have gave us a perfect score based on your experience staying with us. We want to make sure that when every guest walks into their room, they feel very comfortable staying in that same room. The housekeeping staff works very hard to make sure that the rooms are clean and spotless. We also want to make sure that our guests do not go through the hassle of waiting in lines for any events, so we make it easier for them and print out tickets when they check out. Please refer us to your family and friends and w hope to see you again in the future.

Davis, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Very clean and pleasant. If we pass this way again, will be staying here! Close to all areas of interest and the beautiful Pacific Coast Highway. Pet friendly and very comfortable rooms. The office was very helpful and the rooms were quiet and clean. We will stay here again if the opportunity arrives.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Phil,

We are very pleased that you have given our business a perfect score based on your experience. My staff works very hard to make sure that guests are very welcomed and accommodated at the right time and with the right attitude. We are glad that you have enjoyed the close attractions our hotel has to offer. Please refer us to your friends and family in the future and we would love for you to come enjoy your stay with us again. We ope to see you soon.

Neil (G.M)

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey? Share your experiences!