“Very concerned and attentive staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Monterey

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Monterey to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Monterey
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2227 N Fremont St, Monterey, CA 93940 (Formerly America's Best Value Inn & Suites - Cypress Tree Inn)   |
Special Offer
Book Direct and Save!
Ranked #12 of 53 hotels in Monterey
s.v.
“Very concerned and attentive staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Check-in was very friendly and the owners were very attentive to any needs and requests we had. Beds were pretty comfortable, we were asleep within minutes. We upgraded to the deluxe suite and had a great experience, huge 2 room suite that allowed us to spread out and not feel cramped. Hot tub was perfect after running the Big Sur marathon.

Located 7 minutes from downtown Monterey and within 3 minutes of numerous restaurants and a grocery store, this is easy access from Hwy 68 & Hwy 1.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Neil P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Monterey, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Guest:

I'm extremely very pleased by hearing y a positive experience of your stay during marathon week end at our Red Roof Inn. It is our pleasure to serve you and we always enjoy doing it.
I’ll share your comments with rest of our team members. Positive feedback is always an encouragement for all of us, as we strive towards the quality and standard of our service.
We hope to see you again in your next visit to Monterey!
Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We will do our absolute best to make your next stay as pleasant as possible, and it will be always better than before!

184 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I like staying at Red Roof Inns generally, and the Red Roof Inn-Monterey is no exception. The desk staff was helpful, and the room was quiet, clean, and basic, which was all I really wanted. To fill the 200-character minimum for this comment, I will report that the hotel is a long couple of miles away from downtown and tourist attractions (Cannery Row, Aquarium), which may be useful information for some guests.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Neil P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Monterey, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Guest:

Your honest, fair and useful comments are truly appreciated for your stay with us. I must agree that it will help others to make their decision too. In the end I'm so much "PLEASED" that you liked it and enjoyed it. That is all we count, cannot ask anything more than this.
Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We will do our absolute best to make your next stay as pleasant as possible, and it will be better than before!
Hoping to see you soon in Monterey!
Orange Park, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

This hotel was gorgeous. I was so very impressed. It was very clean and very comfortable and quite. After 6 days traveling cross country and staying in various hotels along the way I was so relieved to find a quite, comfortable and clean hotel at a very affordable price. We had to have an emergency extension of our stay and the staff was quick to help me out with this and all of my needs through my stay. I am very impressed with the room, the staff and the hotel in total.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Neil P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Monterey, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Dear Natasha:

Your comments are so much appreciated for awesome “Perfect” review. I guess we really couldn't ask for much more! It means a tremendous amount of pleasure to our team when we receive such praise.

We strive to create an awesome place to stay when visiting Monterey. Considering all of the competition we have from all brands motels, we are working hard to create unique, high quality, best value accommodations for folks coming to Monterey.
We hope to see you again in your next visit to Monterey!
We certainly hope you spread the word and share your experience with others to come to stay with us.
Roseville, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We had a double bed family style room, it was spacious and newly updated/remodeled.
It was a clean room with a nice refrigerator and micro; and a larger bathroom. Bring your own coffee maker, the little one in our room did not work well. I was a little disappointed with the "continental breakfast", I know that does not guarantee much, but with three little kids its a nice amenity instead of going out to breakfast every morning. They would run out of things by 8:00am. (Except the sugar cereal) Other than that, staff is friendly and helpful! I would stay again and make other plans for breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Neil P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Monterey, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Guest:

Your comments are appreciated regarding your stay at the Monterey Red Roof Inn. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experience our guests have at our hotel.
Sorry about the coffeemaker, as no one brought it to our attention, otherwise we could have replaced it.
Continental breakfast is not a brand standard, but for our valued guests we want to do it for courtesy and seasonal. All our guests have a different opinions about the breakfast, so currently we are going through an experimental purpose, and trying out what will work and what won't! Your suggestion will be considered as one of the feedback. We'll definitely come up with some inputs and would able to offer better in the future.
I truly appreciated your stay and your time for doing a review for us. I hope to see you back soon when you visit to Monterey again and you will feel the difference.

Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

My husband and I came to town for our 22nd anniversary only to find that there was a biking event that booked up a large number of the hotels. While search for a place to stay , we saw the Red Roof Inn and remembered our previous stays in Fresno,Ca. We asked for a handicap accessible room but it was booked...they showed me a King size right off from the office and the price was GREAT! The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable and the location was in walking distance from stores and restaurants, as well as location to Cannery Row being good. We were pleased with the service to accommodate my husband's disability and the last minute request for a late check out due to his disability needs. Thanks to Neil for his professionalism as well as the front desk staff. I will visit again when in town.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Neil P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Monterey, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Avis:

I'm extremely very "PLEASED" to hear your feedback about your stay with us. It's brings us lot of pleasure to us, which I'll share with my entire staff as a part of encouragement.
Your time and efforts are greatly appreciated for doing a very positive review for us!
We strive to create an awesome place to stay when visiting Monterey. Considering all of the competition we have from all brands motels, We are working hard to create unique, high quality, best value accommodations for folks coming to Monterey.
We hope to see you again in your next visit to Monterey!
Kindly spread the word and share your experience with others to come to stay with us.

Vallejo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Don't let the location & surrounding area fool you...My family and I had an amazing experience at this hotel...Extremely friendly hotel staff, the cleanliness of the room and the affordability for what you get. My family & I reserved the suite...not my first suite at a hotel but it was by far the best suite I've ever stayed in. And I've stayed in luxury hotels. The location (at the back of the hotel), the private patio/balcony, and not one but 2 king size beds, a hot tub, 2 flat screen TVs and the list goes on. My family had a very wonderful, memorable experience. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The hotel staff was extremely accommodating about extending our check out time (I needed 1 more hour to get my family together); and the overall customer service was amazing.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Neil P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Monterey, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Monique:

I truly appreciate your positive feedback for your stay with us. It's a tremendous amount of pleasure for my entire staff by hearing from you and we always looking forward to take care of you as you needed in your future visit.
Your "AWESOME" review is always an inspiration to others.
We hope to see you again in your next visit to Monterey!
Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We will do our absolute best to make your next stay with us as pleasant as possible and will better than before!
Monterey, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I have been here multiple times. I have found the room clean and well setup during my stays over here. For me, essential thing is spacious layout of the room and I like Red roof inn's double queen-bed rooms in this respect. The hotel management is cooperative and friendly. I would like to come here again in future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Neil P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Monterey, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Guest:

I'm greatly appreciated for taking out your time to do such a "POSITIVE" review for us! It's a tremendous amount of pleasure for all of us.
Your satisfaction is everything for us and we could not ask anything else more but just to spread out your experience to others.
We hope to see you again in your next visit to Monterey!
Again, Thank You so much and I truly appreciate your stay and time.
Neil (G.M.)

Been to Red Roof Inn Monterey? Share your experiences!