Overview: I stayed at one of the king bed rooms. Some of the rooms were being remodeled and I was told I was staying at a recently remodeled one. The owners were nice and also took care of some packages I had delivered to the hotel. The hotel rooms left me with a mixed impression, however given the price and the location, I would say this is a competitive offer.
* Location: near highway, CVS, Safeway, not too far from downtown Monterey
* Low price
* Bed (very nice -- it was new), TV (large flat screen on wall)
* The owners were nice and polite, and seemed to want to take care of the residents and address any complaints they had. One example is that we had some merchandise shipped to the hotel that came in three different boxes. The owners kept their mind to receive our boxes and they even brought two of them to my room.
* Rooms have microwave + fridge.
* Wireless worked 90% of the time. I could see two wireless access points with ok/good signal. Problems seemed to arise from comcast itself.
* The heating unit is really nice (I think is new). Heats up the room quickly if needed and it is not too loud.
The bad (I didn't complain about any of the following -- I have the impression if I complained, the owners would take care of problems):
* Some parts of the room were still old and grungy. It seems they did a partial remodeling.
* The carpet was old and dirty looking (at spots).
* Some mold on the bathroom curtain. Green rust on bathroom shower head.
* Shower water would randomly become very hot (almost burning). Happened in most my showers.
* One day, there were ants in the microwave -- Neil said that they wouldn't eat me.
* Two of the three windows had blinds instead of curtains. The blinds couldn't block all incoming light and I also felt people could look in the room.
* The construction crew was remodeling some of the adjacent rooms during my stay. One of the days, I found my car covered with sawdust. Not nice.
* Breakfast was simple: cereal, some baked pastry, and peanut butter and jelly. The peanut butter was served in a family-size container. Because it was almost empty, I had to put half my hand in the container to get some peanut butter out -- not sanitary.
Nearby restaurants: check Black Bear Diner
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey is non-smoking and conveniently located near Highway 1, 68 and 218 near the juncture of Monterey, Seaside and Del Rey Oaks. Less than 5 miles away from Monterey Fairgrounds and the beach, it's easy for our guest to enjoy major events and the California sun. Drive a little further and you can visit the famous Fisherman's Warf as well as Cannery Row; where you can enjoy shopping, fine dining, entertainment and the Monterey Bay Aquarium. For the adventurous type, only 15 minutes away, you can visit Pebble Beach and the renowned 17-Mile Drive. Enjoy gourmet restaurants, shopping and multiple golf courses along the ocean. you can also visit numerous missions and historic monuments around the area. Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey is ideal during major seasonal events such as; the Monterey Jazz Festival, Monterey Auto Week, the Big Sur International marathon, and Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. our location is convenient for all events, and we offer great deals on advance bookings along with ample parking for a variety of vehicle sizes. Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey is non-smoking and has 55 newly renovated rooms ranging from standard accommodations to suites. All rooms feature free WiFi, a 32" LED TV, a microwave, refrigerator, In-Room Coffee, a hair dryer, and an iron & ironing board. Enjoy quality time with the family in one of our 2 Family Suites offering 2 king sized beds, a jetted spa tub, a living area with a fireplace and two 32" LED TV's. We also offer a seasonal continental breakfast, primarily during the summer months. Experience our complimentary coffee-house style coffee and tea in the Lobby. We also offer an on-site snack machine, soda machine and ice machine and feature a cafe shop conveniently located on our lot. The Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey has ample parking able to accommodate any size vehicle. We also have an on-site RV Park which includes hook-ups ranging from electric 120v line, water, cable and septic station for all RV guests. We can accommodate RV sizes ranging anywhere from10'-60'. One family pet per room is welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Red Roof Inn, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- America`s Best Value Inn And Suites - Cypress Tree Inn
- America`s Best Value Inn & Suites - Cypress Tree Hotel Monterey