“Mostly good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey

You added Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2227 N Fremont St, Monterey, CA 93940 (Formerly America's Best Value Inn & Suites - Cypress Tree Inn)   |
Ranked #17 of 53 Hotels in Monterey
Montpellier, France
“Mostly good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Overview: I stayed at one of the king bed rooms. Some of the rooms were being remodeled and I was told I was staying at a recently remodeled one. The owners were nice and also took care of some packages I had delivered to the hotel. The hotel rooms left me with a mixed impression, however given the price and the location, I would say this is a competitive offer.

The good:
* Location: near highway, CVS, Safeway, not too far from downtown Monterey
* Low price
* Bed (very nice -- it was new), TV (large flat screen on wall)
* The owners were nice and polite, and seemed to want to take care of the residents and address any complaints they had. One example is that we had some merchandise shipped to the hotel that came in three different boxes. The owners kept their mind to receive our boxes and they even brought two of them to my room.
* Rooms have microwave + fridge.
* Wireless worked 90% of the time. I could see two wireless access points with ok/good signal. Problems seemed to arise from comcast itself.
* The heating unit is really nice (I think is new). Heats up the room quickly if needed and it is not too loud.

The bad (I didn't complain about any of the following -- I have the impression if I complained, the owners would take care of problems):
* Some parts of the room were still old and grungy. It seems they did a partial remodeling.
* The carpet was old and dirty looking (at spots).
* Some mold on the bathroom curtain. Green rust on bathroom shower head.
* Shower water would randomly become very hot (almost burning). Happened in most my showers.
* One day, there were ants in the microwave -- Neil said that they wouldn't eat me.
* Two of the three windows had blinds instead of curtains. The blinds couldn't block all incoming light and I also felt people could look in the room.
* The construction crew was remodeling some of the adjacent rooms during my stay. One of the days, I found my car covered with sawdust. Not nice.
* Breakfast was simple: cereal, some baked pastry, and peanut butter and jelly. The peanut butter was served in a family-size container. Because it was almost empty, I had to put half my hand in the container to get some peanut butter out -- not sanitary.

Nearby restaurants: check Black Bear Diner

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Neil P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Guest:

I truly appreciated for taking out your time to give us your feedback for your stay. I'm also very impressed for your honest and fair opinion. I’ll share your comments with rest of our team members. Positive feedback is always an encouragement for all of us, as we strive towards the quality and standard of our service. I'll do my best to rectify the issues that you had and will make sure it won't occur again.
We hope to see you again in your next visit to Monterey!

Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We will do our absolute best to make your next stay with us as pleasant as possible as the previous one.
Neil (G.M.)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Cali
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Our stay here was great. Only thing its a pain apparently if you have to check in after 10 pm. Once we got there it was cool but a lady called us and asked exactly when we would be there and having jus gotten outta the water in santa cruz er didnt know. Regardless once we got there we were given our keys and checked in promptly. Other than that rooms were clean and we were stoked our dog was able to stay with us without hassle.

• Stayed April 2013
Neil P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Guest:
Your valued time for doing a perfect review for us is greatly appreciated.Your comments are appreciated regarding your stay at the Monterey Red Roof Inn. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experience our guests have at our hotel.
Tel-Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Great place, very clean.
Friendly stuff will help with what ever you need.
The motel looks new and very comfortable. It is only 5 min drive to cannery row and fishermen's wharf.
Bed was very comfortable.
Highly recommended! would defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest:
So NICE to hear from you and it's our pleasure to serve you the best we could. In the end it's all you deserve to have a pleasant stay!
Your comments are so much appreciated for awesome “Perfect” review. I guess we really couldn't ask for much more! It means a tremendous amount of pleasure to our team when we receive such praise.

We strive to create an awesome place to stay when visiting Monterey. Considering all of the competition we have from all brands motels, we are working hard to create unique, high quality, best value accommodations for folks coming to Monterey.
We hope to see you again in your next visit to Monterey!
We certainly hope you spread the word and share your experience with others to come to stay with us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Very helpful staff and very clean rooms....we are very happy and would stay here again...next time we will get the suite....one of the nicest suites ive seen...also very close to the fishermans warlf.........

• Stayed April 2013
Neil P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear Guest:

My entire staff is excited to hear such a "LOVELY" feedback from you! It's truly a proud moment for us as you are such a loyal guest among all of our guests!
We hope to see you again in your next visit to Monterey, with a promise to make your stay as pleasant as possible!
Modesto, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

i visited the Red Roof Inn On March 22nd through the 24th. I live in modesto ca and came to moneterey since that is were me and my husband for went on a 6th grade fieldtrip. We didnt have alot to spend so we decided to go with a cheaper hotel. i got an amazing rate for booking a week in advance. The process was easy, and when i arrived it was even smoother.
The woman at the front desk polietly explained that she was new, I was in no hurry and everyone starts somewhere right? After a 3 hour drive the roo was way nicer than i had expected it to be, our restroom was clean and even better we had a patio! I didnt even read anything about that one their website, but it was beautiful to be able to sit outside on that patio at night and enjoy the sounds around us. We enjoyed breakfast both morning we stayed which help with saving some extra money. I do wish the selection was a little more, possibly offering butter and another type of juice. The only other issie was that in the rooms it says you offer movie channels but when you go through the channels on the tv there are none avaliable. that was kind of a bummer.
We plan on visiting monterey again with our family, I will definantly be coming back to stay at this hotel.
Thank you for the great experience.

Room Tip: I would recommend reserving your room at least a week in advance. And ask for a superior king i beli...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Neil P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Guest:
I'm highly appreciated your business!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I was here travelling with a few friends just for a couple days. The hotel was perfect everything was as needed and the new renovated rooms were perfect providing for a great nights sleep. The Wi-Fi was very quick with no connection problems. The management and the check in people were very quick to help us with anything we needed and even gave us suggestions and directions on what to see and where to eat while there. If you are looking for a proper place thats clean and quiet and gives you the basic neccessities that are required from a hotel then this is your place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

WOW...WOW!!!
Your dedication for spreading out the words for us is truly appreciated!

A tremendous amount of pleasure to our team when we receive such praise.

Richmond, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The Red Roof INN in Monterey is a great place business and relaxation.
It's close enough to the freeway and to the beach
the WiFi works and the front desk is prompt and effective
The room was spacious and clean, overall it was great and a positive experience
I do recommend it for all

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Neil P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Guest:

We are so much delighted to hear from you and truly appreciated for awesome “Perfect” review. I guess we really couldn't ask for much more! It means a tremendous amount of pleasure to our team when we receive such praise.

Neil (G.M.)

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey? Share your experiences!