Overview: I stayed at one of the king bed rooms. Some of the rooms were being remodeled and I was told I was staying at a recently remodeled one. The owners were nice and also took care of some packages I had delivered to the hotel. The hotel rooms left me with a mixed impression, however given the price and the location, I would say this is a competitive offer.
* Location: near highway, CVS, Safeway, not too far from downtown Monterey
* Low price
* Bed (very nice -- it was new), TV (large flat screen on wall)
* The owners were nice and polite, and seemed to want to take care of the residents and address any complaints they had. One example is that we had some merchandise shipped to the hotel that came in three different boxes. The owners kept their mind to receive our boxes and they even brought two of them to my room.
* Rooms have microwave + fridge.
* Wireless worked 90% of the time. I could see two wireless access points with ok/good signal. Problems seemed to arise from comcast itself.
* The heating unit is really nice (I think is new). Heats up the room quickly if needed and it is not too loud.
The bad (I didn't complain about any of the following -- I have the impression if I complained, the owners would take care of problems):
* Some parts of the room were still old and grungy. It seems they did a partial remodeling.
* The carpet was old and dirty looking (at spots).
* Some mold on the bathroom curtain. Green rust on bathroom shower head.
* Shower water would randomly become very hot (almost burning). Happened in most my showers.
* One day, there were ants in the microwave -- Neil said that they wouldn't eat me.
* Two of the three windows had blinds instead of curtains. The blinds couldn't block all incoming light and I also felt people could look in the room.
* The construction crew was remodeling some of the adjacent rooms during my stay. One of the days, I found my car covered with sawdust. Not nice.
* Breakfast was simple: cereal, some baked pastry, and peanut butter and jelly. The peanut butter was served in a family-size container. Because it was almost empty, I had to put half my hand in the container to get some peanut butter out -- not sanitary.
Nearby restaurants: check Black Bear Diner
- Also Known As:
- America`s Best Value Inn & Suites - Cypress Tree Hotel
- America`s Best Value Inn And Suites - Cypress Tree Inn
- America`s Best Value Inn & Suites - Cypress Tree Hotel Monterey
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Red Roof Inn, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Red Roof Inn Monterey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.