“serves the purpose” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Monterey

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Monterey to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Monterey
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2227 N Fremont St, Monterey, CA 93940 (Formerly America's Best Value Inn & Suites - Cypress Tree Inn)   |
Special Offer
Book Direct and Save!
Ranked #17 of 53 hotels in Monterey
Los Angeles, California
“serves the purpose”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I have a sibling in college at CSUMB so far I have stayed at Red Roof Inn twice. the staff is friendly, the rates are affordable. liquor store and Dennys are within walking distance as in adjacent to or across the street from Red Roof Inn. convienient and a quiet location. I have enjoyed both of my stays when I am in town and I will stay there when I return. the rooms are nice sized and they have cable.

Room Tip: the wi-fi signal is weak to non-existent if you stay in the back rooms but, it's not an issue to...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Neil P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Monterey, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Your comments are so much appreciated for awesome “Perfect” review. I guess we really couldn't ask for much more! It means a tremendous amount of pleasure to our team when we receive such praise.

We strive to create an awesome place to stay when visiting Monterey. Considering all of the competition we have from all brands motels, we are working hard to create unique, high quality, best value accommodations for folks coming to Monterey.
We hope to see you again in your next visit to Monterey!
We certainly hope you spread the word and share your experience with others to come to stay with us.

217 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I just returned from a yearly conference that I attend in Monterey. I have been going to this conference for the past 14 years and have stayed at many different places. The Red Roof Inn is definitely worth the price. It was at the lower end of the price rates so I was a little concerned, but you shouldn't be. The room was pretty small compared to other places I've stay, I would say about 70% of the average size, but it was clean and updated. The beds were comfortable (except for the pillows which were quite thin, but I always bring my own). There was a nice chair/desk and flat screen TV. It is definitely low frills, not much offered in terms of shampoo/soap and the "Continental Breakfast" was the weakest I've ever seen in my 14 years, but at the price, I didn't care. It provided me with extra money to purchase breakfast elsewhere. Overall, I would say that if you are looking for a clean inexpensive place to sleep and you don't care about the extras I would definitely recommend the Red Roof. In addition the desk personnel were very nice and pleasant to deal with.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest:

Your comments are appreciated regarding your stay at the Monterey Red Roof Inn. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experience our guests have at our hotel.
I’ll share your comments with rest of our team members. Positive feedback is always an encouragement for all of us, as we strive towards the quality and standard of our service.
We hope to see you again in your next visit to Monterey!
Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We will do our absolute best to make your next stay with us as pleasant as possible as the previous one.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

My wife, myself and our dog stayed at this hotel for one night and were very pleased with everything. The room was nice and clean. The price was lower than nearby hotels. The staff and managers were very nice and accommodating to our needs. I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel!

• Stayed February 2013
Neil P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Monterey, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Dear Guest:

Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We will do our best to make your next stay with us as pleasant as possible as the previous one.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Room was very clean with tv and internet at a good price. We went out at night and in the morning woke up to a flat tire and one of the employees pointed it out to us and helped us get it fixed. All around friendly service and good experience.

• Stayed February 2013
Neil P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Monterey, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Guest:

I appreciate the comments regarding your stay with us. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experience our guests have at our hotel.
Your feedback is always an encouragement to all of us!
Thank you again for sharing your experience. We always look forward to serve you in your next visit and will do our best to make your stay as pleasant as possible.

Neil Prabhu (G.M.)
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Affordable hotels can be difficult to find in Monterrey but if you find another which is within $50 per night of the rate here, then by all means choose that. It is outdated and slightly dilapidated. There is no elevator to the 2nd floor. The parking area is very dimly lit. The heating system cannot be controlled - it was a sauna in our room. Phonecalls to the reception went unanswered. Sure the location is great - but if you are looking for a place to get a decent night's rest, this isnt it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Neil P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Monterey, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am very sorry that we could not fulfill your expectations. Please accept my sincerest apologies…….
We will do our absolute best to take corrective measures to prevent similar situations from occurring in the future.
This was happened long time ago but we request you to visit our new look of The Red Roof Inn., it's totally renovated and you won't be disappointed!
I hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve you!
Wamego, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I was going to stay at this hotel but the room had such a horrible pet smell that I wasn't able to breathe. I went back to the front desk & asked for a refund but then the manager came out & told me he would just put me in a different room. The room that he took me to was so dirty & the lock was broke on the door that I told him again that I just wanted my money back. He gave me such a hard time about giving me my money back that I was worried that he wasn't going to give me it back. I asked for a receipt, & of course he couldn't give me that either. Plus, it was going to cost me $90 to stay here. After a 30 minute ordeal, Neil did give me a refund. I then went to Quality Inn down the street, it was only $50 for the night, Cathy was very friendly, and the room was very clean! Don't waste your time going to Red Roof Inn. It is a dump!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Neil P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Monterey, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Guest:

I hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve you!
Rowhedge, Essex
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed here for one night and wished we had stayed where we were the night before. The rooms we small, very small, not that we were in there much as we spent most of the evening in reception as the WIFI was non existent in the room. On the plus side the lady in reception was really helpfully and tried to fix wifi but was unsuccessful. The walls in the room were very thin, the breakfast was great IF you always eat doughnuts for breakfast, the coffee was tepid and awful. We would not recommend this place to anyone, look elsewhere, there are lots more to choose from.

• Stayed January 2013
Neil P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Monterey, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Sorry we could not meet your expectations.
Thank you for sharing your concerns with us, and I request you to give us an opportunity to better serve you at the Red Roof Inn, when your travel plans require lodging.
Neil (G.M.)

Been to Red Roof Inn Monterey? Share your experiences!