“Get the suite” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Monterey

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Monterey to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Monterey
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2227 N Fremont St, Monterey, CA 93940 (Formerly America's Best Value Inn & Suites - Cypress Tree Inn)   |
Announcement
Book Direct and Save!
Ranked #19 of 53 hotels in Monterey
Fullerton, California
“Get the suite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We payed a little extra, which was still cheap, for the room with the jacuzzi and fireplace and it was well worth it. The suite had a TV in bedroom and jacuzzi room. Free breakfast in the morning. Neil was extremely nice and helpful to make sure our stay was perfect.

Room Tip: room 110 has the jacuzzi and fireplace in the back. We did not hear any noise it was really nice.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Neil P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Monterey, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Your comments are appreciated regarding your stay at the Monterey Red Roof Inn. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experience our guests have at our hotel.
I’ll share your comments with rest of our team members. Positive feedback is always an encouragement for all of us, as we strive towards the quality and standard of our service.
Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We will do our best to make your next stay with us as pleasant as possible as the previous one.
Neil (G.M.)

244 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
SLC, Ut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I am very particular about travel accommodations. I have to find a very clean, quiet hotel with great prices and friendly people......Red Roof Inn Monterey passes the test. I have stayed here several times while working in the area and I will not stay anywhere else. Most rooms for this price don't have a refrigerator and microwave and everything is extremely clean. The staff here is very friendly and accommodating. This hotel was recommended to me and I pass the recommendation on to everyone. Thanks to Neil and his great staff.

Jack Larsen

Room Tip: All the rooms are good.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Neil P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Monterey, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Neil (G.M.)
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights with my family of 4 making our way down the coast from San Fransisco to LA. Originally was only going to be a 2 night stay but once we saw the room, location and knew the price we extended another night. Stayed on the basis of Trip Advisor recommendations and was not disappointed. Well equipped rooms, comfortable beds, nice large bathroom and quiet rooms. Handy location as well just a few minutes by car from safeway and good places to eat. Breakfast was included but was seasonal and limited. The fitout was new and tasteful. The price was very competitive as well. Would definitely stay again if we pass that way.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Neil P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Monterey, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Guest:

I appreciate the comments regarding your stay with us. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experience our guests have at our hotel.
Your feedback is always an encouragement to all of us!
Thank you again for sharing your experience. We always look forward to serve you in your next visit and will do our best to make your stay as pleasant as possible.

Neil Prabhu (G.M.)
Arcata, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I found this hotel searching for a pet friendly place. Neil at the front desk was very nice, the room was clean and had a fridge, microwave, and coffee. After I was on the road about a couple of hours I realized I forgot my pillow! I have a sensitive neck and just got my special pillow! I had no cell service till the next morning. I called and Neil said he would look for it and call me back. He called a couple hours later letting me know he found my pillow and would mail it to me! I have forgotten thing at higher end hotels and never had anyone even offer to try to find my stuff! Neil made my day! They are great and I would stay there again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest:

Your feedback is always an encouragement to all of us!

Neil Prabhu (G.M.)
Greenwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I checked in somewhat late at night and Maria, at the front desk, was extremely helpful and kind! The room was very clean and comfortable. In the morning, the manager was very warm and friendly. I would happily stay here again and recommend it.

Room Tip: Request a room that doesn't have an adjoining door. I heard a very detailed conversations betwee...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Paso Robles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I can't say enough good things about our stay at this Red Roof Inn. Maria and the management we're very friendly and helpful . Their #1 priority was to make sure our stay was pleasant. We will deffinately stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Reno, NV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I originally found this motel when searching for ‘pet friendly’ lodging in Monterey. Their website advertised a ‘stay two get three’ special when booked online but when bringing a pet you must call them for the reservation to ensure they have a dog designated room available for your stay. I called and talked with Neil and he promised me the special rate, and I did get that rate when I arrived. This is an older motel but they advertise that they have been recently renovated. Our room was on the second floor in the building in the back and we found it clean and quite comfortable and surprisingly very quiet since it sets back quite a ways from the street. Previous reviews stated that the rooms were small and the online pictures showed as much so I booked a double queen room and very glad I did. Two adults with suitcases and one medium size dog with her bed, food/water bowls, and toys would have been nearly impossible in a single king room. We were here in the off-season so the motel had few guests and the pool and hot tub were closed. The only complaint I have is that there is no place within the motel complex to ‘walk’ the dogs and you have to leave the motel and walk at least to the end of the block where there is a vacant lot. There is a small grassy area in the front area of the motel but there are signs everywhere that walking of dogs is prohibited. This didn’t cause a huge problem for us except late at night when the dog needs the last walk before bedtime. This is a no frills motel and they advertise that aspect, but I was pleasantly surprised with the quality bath towels, bedding and comfy pillows. The cable TV had a vast selection of channels which included all of our favorites. They provide all the standard amenities; coffee maker, refrigerator, hair dryer, etc. So I’m giving this motel a 5 star rating, not because it compares with Star Alliance hotels but because it offers a clean, comfortable, quiet environment with adequate amenities at a very reasonable rate. We stayed four nights for a total bill of $217. That’s a starting nightly rate for many hotels/motels in this area. And there are NO ADDITONAL PET FEES! Oh and one more thing, there are a several decent restaurants, two quick marts and a CVS within a two block radius. We dined two nights at the Monterey Cookhouse just up the street and enjoyed the food and atmosphere. We would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Roof Inn Monterey? Share your experiences!