“Great customer service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Monterey

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Monterey to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Monterey
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2227 N Fremont St, Monterey, CA 93940 (Formerly America's Best Value Inn & Suites - Cypress Tree Inn)   |
Special Offer
Book Direct and Save!
Ranked #12 of 53 hotels in Monterey
Paso Robles, California
“Great customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I can't say enough good things about our stay at this Red Roof Inn. Maria and the management we're very friendly and helpful . Their #1 priority was to make sure our stay was pleasant. We will deffinately stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

184 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Reno, NV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I originally found this motel when searching for ‘pet friendly’ lodging in Monterey. Their website advertised a ‘stay two get three’ special when booked online but when bringing a pet you must call them for the reservation to ensure they have a dog designated room available for your stay. I called and talked with Neil and he promised me the special rate, and I did get that rate when I arrived. This is an older motel but they advertise that they have been recently renovated. Our room was on the second floor in the building in the back and we found it clean and quite comfortable and surprisingly very quiet since it sets back quite a ways from the street. Previous reviews stated that the rooms were small and the online pictures showed as much so I booked a double queen room and very glad I did. Two adults with suitcases and one medium size dog with her bed, food/water bowls, and toys would have been nearly impossible in a single king room. We were here in the off-season so the motel had few guests and the pool and hot tub were closed. The only complaint I have is that there is no place within the motel complex to ‘walk’ the dogs and you have to leave the motel and walk at least to the end of the block where there is a vacant lot. There is a small grassy area in the front area of the motel but there are signs everywhere that walking of dogs is prohibited. This didn’t cause a huge problem for us except late at night when the dog needs the last walk before bedtime. This is a no frills motel and they advertise that aspect, but I was pleasantly surprised with the quality bath towels, bedding and comfy pillows. The cable TV had a vast selection of channels which included all of our favorites. They provide all the standard amenities; coffee maker, refrigerator, hair dryer, etc. So I’m giving this motel a 5 star rating, not because it compares with Star Alliance hotels but because it offers a clean, comfortable, quiet environment with adequate amenities at a very reasonable rate. We stayed four nights for a total bill of $217. That’s a starting nightly rate for many hotels/motels in this area. And there are NO ADDITONAL PET FEES! Oh and one more thing, there are a several decent restaurants, two quick marts and a CVS within a two block radius. We dined two nights at the Monterey Cookhouse just up the street and enjoyed the food and atmosphere. We would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Very great costumer service. Even called out room to check on our comfort. Brought us extra pillows and blankets. They allow one pet per room and they don't charge extra which is so awesome! Comfortable room, mini fridge, clean and cozy. I highly recommend staying here if your in the Monterey area!

• Stayed December 2012
Felton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I ordered through orbitz and the did not know about the dog policy, I did not reserve a dog friendly room, and the manager hooked me up with one at no extra charge. GREAT service and i highly recommend it to anyone in Monterey!

Thanks again redroof!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sand City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

This Hotel is very clean, comfortable, cozy, loved the stay.
The team member Neil so very nice, and helpful very eager to please his customers.
I would reccomend this to who ever would like your own personal hot tub in room,and fireplace, private outdoor patio, just a very welcoming place.

Room Tip: personal hot tub in room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This hotel is awesome, don't be fooled by the low price, the rates are low but the rooms are superior. The hotel is well built and I didn't hear anything from the other rooms

My room had a large flat screen TV mounted on the wall and a king size Serta bed which felt brand new and super comfortable. Pretty decent sized fridge and microwave too, very spacious room and the bathroom felt like a luxurious spa

There was a pretty large work station with a lovely black leather reclining office chair - VERY NICE TOUCH!

I loved being within walking distance of 7Eleven, CVS Pharmacy, Safeway, Denny's. Really great location

Unlike most hotels, the housekeeping not only keep the room immaculate, but they also replace coffee, soap and shampoo.

This place is super impressive! :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Petaluma,California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My wife and I stayed here mid November on a quick trip to Monterey before all the hoopla of the holidays started. We found the rooms to be nice however the doors and floorboards in the room we stayed in were in dire need of paint. The red front doors on our floor had marks all over the front of the doors. They serve a continental breakfast, very basic, cereal, coffee, milk sweet roles and perhaps toast; nothing spectacular but if you have little ones... a good option. The maid service was prompt and efficient and the front desk folks were nice. No pool, an out of season hot tub and vending machines on the floor we stayed on which was the 1st. CVS, Denny's, Monterey Cookhouse (very good!) and your friendly neighborhood adult book store are within walking distance. Within driving distance to the Wharf and Cannery Row as well as the Naval Post Graduate School. The City of Monterey has made it hard to get lost as they have a wonderful sign system. If you are looking around for budget accommodations this is a possibility however I'll probably look harder at the competition on my next trip. I graded pool and fitness center as average this property has none but I could not submit without it.

Room Tip: Try and get a room where the TV can be powered on via remote we had to do it manually.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Roof Inn Monterey? Share your experiences!