“Red Roof Rocks” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Monterey

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Monterey to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Monterey
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2227 N Fremont St, Monterey, CA 93940 (Formerly America's Best Value Inn & Suites - Cypress Tree Inn)   |
Offers & Announcements
Book Direct and Save!
Ranked #19 of 53 hotels in Monterey
“Red Roof Rocks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Great second stay! Good location for business! Well kept rooms! Improvements over the past months are coming together to make your stay more comfortable and enjoyable! Easy check in and check out! Thank you!!!

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

241 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Monterey, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Enjoyed a weekend stay with family.Recieved a Great rate and Maria was very accommodating..
Room was clean,beds were 'comfy'. That morning we had coffee and headed out to wharf for Calimari,retuned the motel and enjoyed a tub and a nap!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Santa Fe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This motel is nicely renovated, quiet and comfortable with good beds and nice big LED TV. The lady at the front desk, Maria, is very sweet and accomodating. She know what customer service is. Red Roof is one of the only chains that don't charge extra for pets which we much appreciate since our dog is cleaner than most people and we resent having to pay $10 to $30 extra for him.

Room Tip: Book on line with all the discounts.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Palo Alto, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is a simple motel along a street full of motels. It is well-run, with efficient check-in and check-out. The room wasn't in perfect shape, but it was appropriate for the cost, and everything worked.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I have been coming here for 4 years now. I have to say this is a huge improvement over what it used to be. I remember we came here last year in July and this place was worn down. I didn't realize they had gone through renovation! It is much nicer and cleaner than it used to be. The eighties looking pictures are definitely outdated. Our room looked really nice and we even had flat screen TV. The only thing I wish we had was an AC because it got a little warm in our room. But I'm not complaining, we had a good time and plan on coming back in December for Christmas!

• Stayed October 2012
Santa Clara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I was in Monterey to play golf at and decided to stay overnight so i drove up and down Fremont street. I pulled into the Red Roof, i was a bit skeptical since i have never stayed there. The attendant who checked me was very courteous and helpful. I was pleasantly surprised when i checked into my room. The room was spacious and clean. The internet was very fast as well. I strongly recommend this place. I will plan to stay there anytime i get to Monterey. it was a wonderful experience and I strongly recommend the Red Roof Inn to anyone looking for value in the Monterey area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
San Jose, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

O.K. let me begin by saying this wasn't my first time staying at the Cypress Tree Inn but it was my first time since the remodeling. Now, call me weird but I liked the look that the inn had before it's makeover. It had this quaint 1950's feel to it that was somewhat Sinatra. It was never run down and always clean. That begin said, The look of the new inn is fresh, hip and neo. The Inn's manager, Nell made me feel like an old friend coming to visit for a couple of days more than a customer. This is the type of place I have recommended to my family and friends.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Red Roof Inn Monterey? Share your experiences!