“Extremely noisy” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Monterey

You added Motel 6 Monterey to your Saves list
Motel 6 Monterey
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2124 North Fremont Street, SR 1/Cabrillo Highway at the Casa Verde Way exit, Monterey, CA 93940   |
Ranked #49 of 53 Hotels in Monterey
California
“Extremely noisy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2007

The walls in this motel are paper thin. If that wasn't bad enough I came back to my room on Saturday night to hear a concert at the fairgrounds BLARING in the background until 11:00 pm. Sunday night, same thing raging concert until 11:00 pm. shaking the windows. when the concert was not going the planes to and from the airport woke me from my sleep. This is a terrible location for a motel unless you're hard of hearing. and I paid over $300.00 for the 4 nights. I will NEVER stay here again.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the incredible noise from the neighbors and the fairgrounds and airport nearby
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
San Jose, CA, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2007

I was surprised at how updated the room was. The bathroom had an arched curtainrod to give it a roomier feel when showering. Everything was clean. Didn't care for the location much though.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
Gilroy, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2006

We usually stay at motel 6 because it is affordable. We are in the summer so the price was high, we paid 106$ a night on weekend. The bed is too soft, it is not clean, the service was not good, if you have a problem, they don't really bother, the pool is small. We were also behind the hotel and we had problem with noise. We decided to go in a better place after some nights. There is a lot of nice places to stay other than this one, choose another one!!!

• Liked — Pet friendly
  • Disliked — The cleanliness
  • Tips/Secrets — Go to another place
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2006

I just came back to Denver on Monday the 24th of July 2006 after staying here for 4 nights while the Red Bull MOTOgp was going on. I booked a year out in advance and I'm glad I did........there were no rooms available within a 15 mile radius for that weekend. ( $385 for 4 nights.......a BARGAIN!!! )

The only problem that I had was just behind the hotel there was a fairground that had the Red Bull sponsors renting it out for the weekend as well. Noise was a bit of a problem but overall they shut it down right at midnight.

I will be staying there again when the next MOTOgp rolls around in 2007.

( Note: the rooms have been re-modeled and had great shower ammenities. Also a friendly staff )

• Liked — Cheap and convienent
  • Disliked — Parking
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Yuba City, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2006

The minute we stepped in the room and saw the bed I just knew we wouldn't be able to sleep well. There were two edges but no middle in the bed. It was completely sunken in. Needless to say, we rolled into the middle and fought to hold on to edges. The bathroom was a different story. It was nasty and we skipped showering the next morning because we didn't know what we may catch from stepping on the bathroom tub bottom. I wrote Motel 6 and basically they said, Oh well.

Stayed July 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2005

This is one of the worst Motel 6's I have been to. The room was dingy and extremley small. The bathroom was gross, with mildew and peeling floors. And we got a whole 1 bar of soap. And what really ticked me off was I spent 64 dollars on a Thursday to stay at that dump, and for our next nights stay we found another place that was much nicer further in town that cost the exact same for a friday night! I think it was the Del Monte.
I usually stay in Motel 6's because they're usually reasonable, and I've never had much of a problem. But this one was pretty bad.
If you want a descent place to stay that won't rape your wallet, try the Lone Tree motel. They're diver friendly too!

International Citizen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2004

I fly aeroplanes for a job and get to stay in many hotels. I couldn't tell the difference in the room at the M-6 to the Hilton i came from in LA! Obviously there isn't the extras like a fancy lobby.

Clean, cosy, only thing for me was the road noise, that would be solved by getting a room not facing the road. Should have known that!

Doug the night desk dude was very helpful. I didn't get lost once, the trick is not to get on the 1 HWY, just stay on the local roads like Casa Verde, get a map from the front desk.

Recommend booking with them direct on the web for an internet special.
Got a double-double for $65 inc tax.

Would definately go back there. Was close to town, a few minute drive only.

Been to Motel 6 Monterey? Share your experiences!