“Nice Clean Room” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 54 Hotels in Monterey
Stillwater, Minnesota
“Nice Clean Room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

For $60 I got a nice clean room. Plus I showed up at 2:00 and even though a person isn't supposed to check in until 3:00, the man let me in early. I thought that was great because I needed a nap. I honestly diid not try the breakfast because I was up at 5:00AM to head out fishing. I thoight it was a good price and itwas near the downtown and the Fisherman's Wharf.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
MontereyDaysInn, Manager at Days Inn Monterey Downtown, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent comments about your stay at the Monterey Downtown Days Inn. We were happy to hear that you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable and found great value with the rates that you paid. We look forward to seeing you on your next fishing trip! Thanks again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights in the annex rooms across the road on Munras, 2nd floor nice clean large room with a bay window.
There was an elevator which was good as we had heavy bags and an infant child to cope with.
The beds were comfortable.
The TV didn't work initially, but after calling the front desk a staff member arrived very quickly and fixed the problem which was something to do with the Cable.
The breakfast room was inconvenient as it is in the main building, the food was basic and the bagels seemed a little stale.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
MontereyDaysInn, Manager at Days Inn Monterey Downtown, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your recent review of your stay at the Monterey Downtown Days Inn. I see that you stayed in one of our Ocean View rooms which are very popular for there additional size and views of Monterey Bay. We appreciate your suggestions as we are always looking to improve our services. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Redding, CT, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I was a solo traveller. I wanted something of a reasonable price since there was only me. This hotel is within walking distance of Fisherman's Wharf, Cannery Row, the Aquarium etc. There are plenty of restaurants nearby and even a Trader Joe's (which I used). The room is not at all fancy....perhaps even a little 'dated' but the price was very good. Bed comfortable. Breakfast OK for a quick start to the day.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you sharing your most recent experience at the Monterey Downtown Days Inn. We are always pleased to hear that a guest finds good value at our location. Our staff works hard so that each guest experience is enjoyable so that they will choose our hotel for future stays. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the great surrounding as we are walking distance to the many shops and dining of Downtown Monterey and Fisherman's Wharf. we look forward to your next visit
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed here one night while visiting Monterey. Nice clean room with hot shower at very good rate. Breakfast is OK, but if you need more there is Danny's just around the corner. Location is good, walking distance to the warf, Trader Joe's just 2 blocks away. At one point I wanted to ask front desk clerk for directions, but there was no one at the desk, I waited for a bit and then left.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your comments about your recent stay. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit to Monterey.
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Rooms are generally clean, good hot tub with great jets. Your typical continental breakfast. Basic bathroom. Good fan/heater in room. Outside entering units which is nice. So, as you can see- hotel did the trick for a good rate.

HOWEVER, the service sucked. When we arrived the front desk man literally said two words two phrases, "Name, and Credit card" He then handed over a form, with literally no explanation of what should be signed, ran the card and placed the receipt in front of me for signing then gave me one loose key and said my room number and waited for me to leave.
I had to ask where my room was, where we parked, what time was check out, did they have a hot tub, etc. He looked at me like I was a total pain and being ridiculous and gave me one word curt answers. Then also provided the wrong time of closing for the Hot Tub- and literally no explanation of where it was, if we needed towels etc.

I don't think it is asking a lot to be told where your room is located and what the basic services are at the hotel. And, if you don't want to explain all that- at least give me the time of day when I ask.

Also- we were staying one night and checking out in the morning. Housekeeping showed up before 9:00 for cleaning- why would they come clean your room before you have checked out, and before 9:00am. Check out guests obviously aren't going to need a room cleaning before they leave.

Accommodations do the trick and provide a restful night of sleep- but don't expect anything more beyond that.

Room Tip: Lots of activity in the morning, second floor rooms are likely quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience during your stay at the Monterey Downtown Days Inn. We were pleased to hear that you enjoyed the accommodations and amenities our hotel offers. I was disappointed to hear the level service you experienced while staying with us. I can assure you that this is not normal and that we take providing excellent customer very seriously as seen in the countless reviews complimenting our service level. I will take this back to our staff as we are always trying to improve our guest service. Thank you.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

Very pleasantly surprised at stopping here last minute and finding a great location and an extremely comfortable bed for an amazing price and walking distance to downtown and fishermans wharf. My only gripe was the towels, not very big and small but other than that was really good value would stay there if we drive back that way. Very pleasant service on check in.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We take pride in providing our guests with clean comfortable rooms at a good value. Many of guests have mentioned these thoughts in past reviews and we always pleased to hear these same thoughts from you. We do understand the suggestions you have made and will discuss these changes as we are always making changes to improve guest satisfaction.
Oakland, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We had a great time. The room was big and relaxing and we could see fishersman wharf from the window. The bed was comfortable and it was right down the road from a new shopping mall with Whole Foods, movie theater, retail stores etc. Also close to 17 mile drive. We enjoyed our stay and will return

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Our staff and I are always pleased to hear that our guests enjoyed there time in Monterey and especially at our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you found the bed comfort to your satisfaction as all bed sets have been replaced with Simmons Beatuyrest Pillowtop beds. We are happy that you were able to take advantage of our central location and enjoy historic downtown Monterey and Fherman's Wharf. Thank you for your business.

Been to Days Inn Monterey Downtown? Share your experiences!