This hotel is charming and different than the others in the area. It is a great choice if you want to be walk out to bars and restaurants or the water, which is what we wanted. I wish it had A/C in the rooms and a working elevator, but if you can deal with those two things then it's a great choice. It really is a great choice for many, but it won't work for everyone (if you can't walk up 3-4 flights of stairs easily it's not for you). Overall, we enjoyed our stay and I would definitely stay here again.
* Unique and charming, doesn't feel like a typical hotel
* Comfortable beds and very nice decor
* You can walk right out the door to bars/restaurants/shopping
* Close to the water
* Free trolley takes you to Cannery Row
* We could see the ocean from our room
* No A/C - this means you have to leave the windows open (if it's warm) and listen to a lot of street noise and tons of seagulls. Yes you expect them since it's by the water, but you will hear them all day and all night--and they are loud.
* No elevator. We stayed on the 4th floor and loved our king suite, but the walk up the stairs started to wear on us. This hotel will not work for the elderly or people with certain disabilities.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HostelBookers so you can book your Monterey Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.