“Perfect for us!” 4 of 5 stars

Save $12 Per Night
Ranked #35 of 54 Hotels in Monterey
“Perfect for us!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

My husband and I stayed here three nights and loved it. Our room was very nice and comfortable, recently remodeled with beautiful flooring and a huge flat screen T.V. My favorite part of our stay, however, was the heated pool. Super clean and nice and we spent most of our time there. :) The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The only cons were the water pressure from the bathroom sink was pretty weak and the wifi signal was not very strong. But that didn't bother me much because I don't go on vacations or weekend getaways just to be glued to the internet the entire time. We will definitely stay here again! Great hotel for the price.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Finnish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

My wife and I stayed 3 nights here. The only criticisms I have are, the water pressure in the bathroom sink was pretty weak and the wifi was too. It didn't matter too much as the water pressure in the shower/bath was great and I had my phone for any really important internet related needs.
Everything was clean and looked nice. Friendly service. Great heated pool. Maybe I'm just easier to please but it's a great hotel for a great price and I'd gladly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Brentwood, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Overall this hotel was okay, I was expecting a lot more because of all of the great reviews. As far as hotel quality goes, I would rate this as a two star. Here are my pros and cons:

Pros:
Relatively clean
Nice bed linens
Beds and pillows were comfortable
Heated Pool
Great location
Quiet at night

Cons:
Extremely small room, there was only room for a small port-a-crib after we scooted one of the beds over.
Pergo flooring, I can understand why some people would like it, but I was not a fan
Moldy baseboard in bathroom
No bathtub, this was a big one for me because I have small children who do not like taking showers
No Disney channel on tv
In a room with two queen beds and 4 people, they only gave us three towels. We asked for more and he said he would bring them by in 10-15 minutes, but he never came.
Very strong smell of Indian food every night
An older gentleman, part of the family who runs the hotel and lives there I assume, was right outside our room smoking every time we pulled up. He also always stared at us, which was a little creepy. We accidentally left our window open one day and were not happy to come back and see him smoking right in front of our open window.

Overall, I was not very comfortable here. I have gotten nicer hotels that I have been happier with with "name your own price" on priceline. I felt this hotel was not very family friendly. Honestly I am surprised by all of the great reviews after staying here, we will not be back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We used the reviews to make our decision on which place to stay while in Monterey. We were glad we stayed here. Can't say more than what has already been said but for a nice clean room that's been totally remodeled at a great price this is the place.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Great value, clean and comfortable. Chopstix Vietnamese restaurant next door is very good as well!
Prepaid this and it exceeded our expectations, we just needed abed for the night prior to visiting Big Sur and Pacific Coast Highway.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

I loved staying here! The room was modern and spacious. I enjoyed the heated pool in the morning. As I was getting in my car, I noticed the maid cleaning my room. She was wiping the picture frame above the bed. That goes to show you how serious they are about keeping the room clean.

Room Tip: I wish it were a little further from the road