“Historical Location for 1833 Restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant 1833 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 261 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: American
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Polk Street
Lutz, Florida
“Historical Location for 1833 Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Went there with a group of 8 to 10 persons. We had a great dining experience. Very good service and the level of attention was just right for the type of Restaurant.. The historical house where the Restaurant is located was a definite plus. The main dining area is on a 2nd floor, beware those that have difficulty with stairs

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Very interesting place set in Adobe. All kinds of nooks and crannies in terms of bars and dining rooms. Excellent food and service make this one of two must try places in town ( the other being Montrio)

Visited October 2012
Huntington, New York
“Modern Food in an Historic Setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I had dinner at this wonderful restaurant with a couple of friends while on our Girls' Trip to the Monterey Coast. They were recommended by the concierge at our hotel, for which I am so thankful! The ambience here is at once cool yet calming, with dark charcoal grey walls, candles everywhere, fireplaces, comfy chairs too. The food is delicious! I was surprised to find one of my favorites on the appetizer menu - Deviled Eggs!! Fiendishly good, they did not disappoint. The menu is very ecclectic, a little limited, and certainly not for everyone. But I found 1833 a great experience, and I am looking forward to returning on my next trip to Monterey.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“World class dineing WOW I picked a winner for my wife's birthday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

I have seen it on tv "drinking made easy" show I have heard about it from freinds and family but It took me almost a year to try. Shame on me for not trying it sooner. although it is kinda tucked away off the main paths of tourist town, but its these places that can afford to be, and should be off the beaten path of ordinary, it deserves to be searched out and discovered. Its like a treasure if one saw them out on every corner you might not appreciate there individuality. It's a cuisenal curiosity. A freakish oddities of a store that once you enter it's doors you'll keep comeing back to experience all of its wonders. Life's greatest experiences of course are found with family and freinds but travel great food and drink can be found here. If you never try 1833 I am sad for you almost as if I know you personally. Your doing yourself no favors and are missing out in life. You will get by but not as fully awakened as you could of been in this life if you do not try this place at least once.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Monterey, California
“Good Drinks”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We went there for couple of drinks, we sat by the fireplace outside. there was a very loud group, but my choice to be outside, eventually my husband wanted to come inside since we just wanted to be able to talk. One os the busser was very helpful, i think his name was Roberto, he even gave us a tour of the place. we are coming back.

• Visited October 2012