“shame about room not being cleaned” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #42 of 53 Hotels in Monterey
London, United Kingdom
“shame about room not being cleaned”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

A last minute booking. All would have been fine had we not been too tired to change rooms. The room they gave us had vomit in the sink. They cleaned it immediately and offered us a new room but we were to tired to move. They then sprayed what smelled, tasted and felt like an entire can of air freshener in the room giving us both mild headaches. For a one night stop it would of been ok. Breakfast was simple but the muffins very yummy.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
TravelodgeMonterey, Manager at Travelodge Monterey Bay, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for your review. I would like to sincerely apologize for your room not being ready. It is a terrible inconvenience, and I will make SURE to address the issue with my housekeeping staff. We want all our guests to be as comfortable as possible, and I am sorry if we were unable to provide that to you. Please stay with us in the future. Give us a chance to prove our dedication to your comfort. When you book a room, please call me directly. I will personally make sure your room is perfect for you, Thank you for providing us with your feedback.

Kindest regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Lake Forest, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

If you are a light sleeper, do not stay at this motel. From the planes flying over and the thin walls with rude noisy neighbors, I got about two hours of sleep the first night of our stay. The second night was a little better, because I bought a sleep sounds app for my phone that helped drown out the noise. The planes were flying over beginning at around 6 am. The room was clean, but a little tired. The breakfast was okay, just some breads, boiled eggs, cold cereal and coffee/juice. While I am aware that Monterey and cheap are not synonymous, the price we paid was too steep for what we received. Unfortunately, I cannot recommend this motel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

TravelodgeMonterey, Manager at Travelodge Monterey Bay, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am so sorry to hear your sleep was so very disturbed by outside noise in the area. We want our customers to get a good night's sleep with us, and I am sorry yours was so restless. Was there any improvement needed in regards to your room or our facility? Although we cannot control the level of noise overheard or surrounding, we want to do our best to make up for it in other ways. Your comfort is our main priority. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. Than you very much for providing us with your feedback.

Gardnerville, NV
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

We only stayed here because everything else was terribly expensive. You get what you pay for, should've kept this in mind. We had our dog with us, which limited us to the "pet rooms." Unfortunately these rooms are away from the pool, back where it looks like a prison rather than a hotel. Sketchy at best. My son thought we were going to get mugged. You pay $20 a night for your pet, but there is no pet area to walk your dog. Inside isn't any better- our room had a dank odor to it, cobwebs hung from the ceilings along with their creators. The carpet is very dirty and stained (Flip flops only- no kids, you can't go barefoot!). Even my dog was wondering what was up. Our toilet started leaking and we had to call maintenance, but they did fix the problem quickly. Luckily we weren't in Monterey to hang out in our room, and it was close enough to get to all the sights without too much effort. The pool area is nicely landscaped, and the water was pretty warm- this part made our stay bearable since we have two kids that like to swim. The breakfast was okay. I would definitely pay more for a nicer hotel in Monterey next time.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, leave your pet at home with a sitter, and get a room by the pool.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. I am so sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us. We want all our customers leaving us happy, and I apologize we did not deliver you the satisfaction you deserve. Nothing is more important to us than your comfort. We are in the process of a complete renovation of our rooms, but it is a timely process. I am sorry your room was not one among the rooms currently updated. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. Please stay with us again in the future I will personally make sure your stay with us is a good one. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your thoughts.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Have a pet but the room they put you in for pet friendly makes you feel like you are an unsupervised 3 yr old. Tile floors in case you spill your sippy cup and a giant awkward shower. Oh and don't plan on having a convenient place for your pet to use the bathroom anywhere nearby. Every open spot is ridden with obstacles noncondusive to a dog wanting to use the restroom. Be it past pet owners that didn't pick up their mess or the hotel not trusting us "second class" occupants either way I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2014
TravelodgeMonterey, Manager at Travelodge Monterey Bay, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I am sincerely sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. Believe me when I say your comfort is VERY important to us, and I am so sorry we fell short in proving that to you. We are in the process of completely updating all our pet rooms, and your opinions are very appreciated. We want to make sure our guests have a say in our renovation. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for. Again, I sincerely apologize for your experience with us.

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Not much to say. Had a great stay. Nice customer service. Good location. Affordable price. Have to travel a lot due to my work. By no means it is not some 4 star resort but they also don't charge like one either.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
TravelodgeMonterey, Manager at Travelodge Monterey Bay, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your stay. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us! Nothing is more important to us than your comfort, and I am glad we were able to prove that to you. We are renovating all our rooms, so I hope you will stay with us again soon. Let us know what you think about our changes! We are really excited about our new look! If there are any particular changes you would like to see, please let us know. Your thoughts and input are greatly valued. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback!

Kindest regards

Been to Travelodge Monterey Bay? Share your experiences!