“The part of Monterey you haven't seen” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 72 Activities in Monterey
More attraction details
Owner description: Escape the crowds and discover Monterey up close and on foot, with the Original Monterey Walking Tours. Experience a tour of Monterey that's entertaining, highly rated and fun for all ages. Our historic Monterey walking tours take through the Cradle of California - from the Spanish explorers to California statehood. Cannery Row walking tours relive the days when Monterey was the "Sardine Capital of the World". See the places and meet the people made famous by John Steinbeck's "Cannery Row".
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Atlanta, Georgia
“The part of Monterey you haven't seen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My wife and I greatly enjoy local history. We traveled to the Monterey Peninsula for Car Week, but I was excited when I found Thom. It was very nice to see the amount of history that was around every corner that is literally being walked through and walked on. There are parts of Monterey not on the beaten path (read: not in Fisherman's Wharf or on Cannery Row) that are beautiful and full of history. Definitely plan this on your next trip to the area.

Visited August 2012

Monterey, CA
“Had a great time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I'm local and was interested in learning more about the history of Monterey. Thom, the guide, made this very easy and entertaining too! Had a great time walking around the historical buildings and sights near downtown, while listening to Thom's exciting facts and tidbits. It is nice that I now know about the roots of this beautiful city!

I recommend this tour for just about everyone... tourists, locals, and I think it would be a great experience for someone new to the area.

Thanks again Thom for a fun morning walk!

Visited August 2012
Fayetteville, Arkansas
51 attraction reviews
“Great Tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I found this tour on trip advisor. I love tours of new cities and was not disappointed in this one. Thom was very interesting to listen to and took us to many places I would not have seen on my own. The tour was lots of fun. It should be a must do on your Monterey visit if you're into history.

Monterey, California
4 attraction reviews
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Thom did a great job of giving the details of Monterey history while making it interesting and fun. He has enthusiasm and energy to keep you engaged for the entire two hours. We live near by but did not know much about the historical times or buildings in downtown so this two hour tour was just right. We saw several places we'd like to return, including the room where the California state constitution was drafted and some lovely gardens. The walk was easy and we could sit down to listen to Thom in a couple of spots.

I highly recommend this tour and look forward to going again with other friends and family.

Manteca, California
“Interesting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

The Historic Tour was very informative and interesting. Monterey is not San Francisco or NYC but with a guide like Thom you will feel like you are visiting a major city of the USA.