“Everything gets an A” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Heated, Pet-Friendly Patio. Happy Hour Mon-Fri, 3-6: $2 off all Beer & Wine, $2 off all Appetizers. 6 Beers on Tap. Henry's BBQ offers many choices of BBQ, chicken and pasta dishes in a comfortable, friendly atmosphere. Henry's BBQ serves Pork Spare Ribs, Chicken, Sirloin, Pulled-Pork and Hot Link Sausages. The BBQ sauce gets rave reviews. Juicy Burgers and Sandwiches are also on the menu. Even vegetarians can find a fantastic meal! (Eggplant Sandwich, Salad, or Pasta) Henry's BBQ is a great place to take the family as it offers a Kids Menu, has a friendly staff and reasonable prices. You can even have your dog join you on the patio! All meals available for Take-Out. Catering available
“Everything gets an A”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Henry's gets an A in every area, food, service, price, cleanliness. Love this place, you have to try the calimari for an appetizer, best ever its real not the tiny squiggly stuff, then deffinatly save room for the homemade bread pudding, if you don't like bread pudding you will still like theirs

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Great BBQ joint. I love just about everything on the menu. Whenever I'm in town I make it a point to go. I usually stay downtown at the Portola hotel(on the company's dime). It is a nice 15-20 minute walk from downtown to the cannery row area where Henry's is located. Being from Ft. Lauderdale I'm no stranger to living on the water but there is something different about a walk along the water here. I guess that adds to my Henry's experience. Once you arrive you find a very small mom and pop shop. They have tables inside and outside. If you are in a rush don't even try to go. I've been when it's busy and when it's slow and dinner will usually take about an hour. This is not a bad thing. The food is totally worth it. Just know it isn't a turn and burn place. They care about what they do. Beer and wine only, no hard stuff. If you are in Monterey and love BBQ you'd be foolish to not pay a visit to Henry's. By the way he is a real guy who actually works in his own kitchen and likes talking to his customers.

Visited January 2014
Seaside, California
“Just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Had lunch here the other day, we sat inside even though it was a beautiful day. The atmosphere is nice the service was good, food service a little slow.
I had the pulled pork sandwich, it was dry and flavorless I used the ketchup for the french fries on my sandwich to give it a little flavor and moisture. My husband had a grilled chicken salad...boring.
We have eaten here before and it was good, but this time we were really disappointed.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Monterey, California
“Best BBQ since Alabama visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I'm very picky with my BBQ. I don't like pork very much and I don't like too much sauce. This place blows my mind and taste buds.

First, it is pet friendly on the patio. Perfect for dog owners visiting the Monterey area or just taking a stroll and you want to find a place to eat.

I stopped by during the summer so naturally I sat outside, the inside is a little small but the patio has plenty of room. I ordered a BBQ sliced pork sandwich. Like I said, I am very picky with my pork. I do not like when it's dry. I also don't like when the sauce overwhelms the dish. When I got my food, the pork was juicy and the sauce complemented the dish very well!!! I was satisfied and happy with my meal.

Even though it is on Lighthouse which is a very busy road, the patio is enclosed and the walls are high enough that you don't see or hear much of the traffic, nor are you bothered by people walking by. This place always smells wonderful when I drive by and I definitely plan to stop by again when I am strolling about the town.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Save room for dessert”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We had a really tasty meal but the highlight for us was dessert. We shared perhaps the best bread and butter pudding I have ever eaten. Make sure you don't over order because if you miss this you are missing something truly special.

Visited November 2013