“Get the Almond Croissant” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Californian, Bakeries
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Pleasant Hill, California
“Get the Almond Croissant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is one of the best bakery's I have ever been too. And I admit I'm a food snob when it comes to baked foods because my father is one of the best. The only thing that wasnt so great is their coffee it runs a little on the sour side everything else though is great.

Visited June 2013

London
“You're only looking at this because you're going to the Aquarium - plan better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Living in Europe I probably carry around a different impression of what is a patisserie. This place falls short of that impression.

There is not much going on here which requires skill, I saw massive bland looking bread rolls covered in cheese, melted and then microwave bacon crumbled on top. I did this kind of thing when I was 5.

We ate granola with yoghurt and some fruit - bland and impossible to eat in the plastic containers it comes in. An iced skinny latte which was initially given to me as a hot latte and then I had to have it changed. A cappuccino and a orange juice - this all came to $21. A little astonishing.

If however you are a 5 year old then the giant chocolate covered apples, sagging pepperoni pizzas groaning with cheese and toppings, the sea animal shaped cookies may seriously appeal to you. Being 5 though I doubt you're looking on TripAdvisor.

Like me, you are probably looking at this place because you're planning on going to the Aquarium and want something nearby. I made the same decision - I wish I planned better. Save some money, go up the road and look for something else or buy in the Aquarium - at these prices you'd end up breaking even.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seattle, Washington
“Way overpriced and barely average”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Even the outlets are covered to make sure no guests try to linger longer bu plugging in computers. Breakfast choices: two. Sandwich or omelette. Extra toppings or ingredients? You get one and additional a are $1 each. A sandwich, omelette and two teas: $26. Yikes!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Carlos, California, United States
“Great location--but not really worth it!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The staff was actually pretty friendly and the location was perfect because it's right on Cannery Row and right across the aquarium; however, I had a couple of problems with my visit.
The food was pretty pricy considering what you were getting. It took a while for my $12 bacon omelette to be ready and by the time I got it, it was just scrambled egg with cheese on top and bacon tossed on top of it. Kind of basic for the price I paid.
Wouldn't really recommend this place unless you're desperately starving coming in or out of the aquarium.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Go elsewhere”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Ordered a panini- was charged around $8.00- I realise the area in general is expensive but what I got for my money was outrageous. The thing that really let's this place down is the staff- I encountered 3 giggling girls- looked around 16- talking amongst themselves making rude comments about customers and generally going through adolescent notions of boosting each others egos- there's a time and a place for that. I don't know if the boss was out that day but was honestly shocking service. Hardly suprising that there was no atmosphere. There are better places to spend your money.

• Visited April 2013