“Enrique the waiter” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Entertaining clients
nottingham
“Enrique the waiter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We ate at lallas two nights in a row during our stay at monterey - the fact we returned shows that we liked lallas. Unfortunately our enjoyment on the second night was spoiled because of Enrique our waiter - he was a little difficult to relate to during our ordering - but we thought he was perhaps having a bad night - but when we paid the $81 bill he came back with the change and dropped it on the table and told us not to bother with the tip! Why ? we have no idea - as we were going to add a tip before we left. So our advice is go to lallas but make sure you dont get Enrique as a waiter!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Monterey, California
“always fun and yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

I love this place! always so yummy and fun... nice servers and Fabian is the best bartender!!!! :))))

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seaside, California
“Fun girls night spot.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I always get the same salad and it's to die for. I've not heard a single complaint about any order and we've eaten here many times. Service is always great and they are very accommodating to large groups.

Visited December 2012
Monterey, California
“Fresh and Healthy ingredients, what you'd expect California cuisine to be.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I frequent this place perhaps 3 times a month. I've been here for lunch and dinner and I have to say their menu is extensive and most of their dishes are tasty. From appetizers like Beef Carpaccio, Nachos, to burgers and quinoa salad, the food is never greasy and you can tell the quality of ingredients are there. I love coming here for lunch where I can get a french dip, salad, and soup combo for about 12 bucks. They also serve you sweet potato chips when you are seated and the ambiance and variety of drunks makes this place popular during the weekend evenings. There are some issues I have with Lalla's. I find that the Hostesses at the counter never focus on their job. They're usually talking amongst each other or with other staff and rarely greet their customers in the proper way. Also I take my small dog here a lot and usually sit in the outdoor section of the restaurant. One staff rudely informed me that my dog was not allowed to sit on a chair or my lap and had to be on the floor. I have been here many times not sure why they took issue with it now instead of all the previous times. My dog is approx. 6 lbs and I do not want her to eat all the left over pieces of food on the floor. Plus all the birds are a bit of a nuisance for her, but I thought it was bizarre. The service is a bit lacking, but the food is good enough to bring me back here again.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
King City
“Never Had A Bad Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have ordered a different item every time we have visited. We have loved every meal we have eaten and usually take some home. We are anxious to try breakfast.

• Visited January 2013