“Up there with the best!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
“Up there with the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Ironically we fell my chance into bistro Moulin, and what a piece of luck. Service was welcoming and friendly as it should be, and the ambiance was Parisienne and cozy. Much like the many bistros my wife and I have eaten in, in Paris. My wife ordered the beef bordelaise, rich and dark with an amazing blend of sauces. I ordered the Sea Bass special - OMG!! This is one of the finest dishes I have ever eaten. Of course the Sea Bass was cooked perfectly, and wonderfully fresh, but the combination of flavours with the beans and the lemon sauce was frankly "to die for". I am fortunate enough to regularly eat in many of London's finest restaurants - Ramsey, Pierre-White, Roux, Waring, all without exception wouldn't have hesitated to put this dish on their menus it was a triumph. Where oh where is Didier's Michelin star?? We will indeed be back to savour his mastery before we return to the UK.

Visited June 2013

McLean, Virginia
“Intimate, European feeling, delicious meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

The Canelloni Tartufi was out of this world. So unusual, a mouth treat for sure. Who'd have thought of such a combination?

Good wine list & the wait person made good suggestions to pair with our food choices.

A gem among the tourist houses.

• Visited June 2013
Scituate, Massachusetts
“Paris in Monterey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

By far, the best meal we had during our stay in Monterey. Escargots and mussels were authentically French and delicious. Beef tenderloin cannelloni was unique and wonderfully flavorful. Sadly, didn't have room for dessert.

• Visited June 2013
San Jose, California, United States
“Wonderful food and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This place was amazing. The food was incredible. It's not all French food, we saw it listed as European. We ended up getting Italian dishes. I had the cannelloni, some of the best I've ever had. My husband had the Osso Bucco which was also tasty. The atmosphere is very French though. The place is on the smaller side and felt very intimate. The food is what really left an impression for us. We will definitely make a visit here next time we're in the area.

• Visited May 2013
Monterey, California
“France At Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Five of Us Descended On This Great Little Bistro To Celebrate My Wife's Birthday. Simply Superb! We Had Been There Before And Almost Forgot How Terrific This Gem Of France In Monterey Is. I've Decided To Compare Osso Buco At 3 Of My Favorite Local Restaurants And While The Others Were Excellent, Bistro Moulin Took It To Another Level. Excellent ( But A Little Pricey) Wine List. Moules ...Fabulous. Coq Au Vin...Terrific. Escargots...Swoon Worthy. And On And On...Reservations A Must. I Feel Guilty For Not Being A More Faithful Patron.

• Visited May 2013