It was my husband's 80th birthday get-away for a few days. We've traveled extensively over the years for both business and pleasure and were so tired of "cookie-cutter" concrete hotels with identical rooms hermetically sealed and plastic smiles (if there are smiles) on the faces of the front desk people we could scream. And microwaved "free breakfasts - YUK !!" Hotel 1110 was such a wonderful experience for us!! Like others, the outside and location on a very busy street had us wondering as we approached "OMGoodness, did we make a big mistake???". Once we opened the door and stepped "through the looking glass" we thought we had been transported to the Left Bank. Whimsical and charming and just plain fun to explore!! We "ooo'd" and "ahhh'd" as we walked the hallway with the painted furnishings floating on the wall...marveled at the stunning red chandeliers in the dining area, touched the draperies and linens (so fine!) and loved every moment of our too-brief two night stay. Breakfast was SENSATIONAL and unique both mornings. The owner Nick and his sister Nashua went overboard for my husband's 80th Birthday dinner by inviting us to a full Lebanese feast .... their treat at the hotel! Nick cooked all day and set the community table beautifully and we sat and ate and talked for hours. This is a HOTEL? My goodness, we felt like family when we left to hugs and promises to return. If you love things unique and warm and personal, you will love Hotel 1110. (Yes, there is plenty of street noise and yet, even with the windows wide open, I slept like a baby both nights.) Rooms are small - as in Europe - yes, but hey, this is MONTEREY...go outdoors and play! The bed was so comfy; the bath so perfect with the Jacuzzi tub and shower from every which way so fun. Thank you, Nick and Nashua (and Maria!) for a most memorable stay. We will return.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Del Monte Beach Hotel
- The Inn At Del Monte Beach Hotel Monterey
- Del Monte Beach Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our newly designed European-style Inn is an easy walk to Monterey's beaches, City Center restaurants, shopping, nightlife, cultural activities and Old Fisherman’s Wharf. Nearby outdoor adventures include kayaking, biking, hiking, golf, whale watching, horseback riding and much more. Enjoy a panoramic view of Monterey Bay, Del Monte Beach, Monterey's city center and marina from our Rooftop Observation Deck, while sampling complimentary afternoon refreshments during our afternoon tea time and wine tasting, or while just lounging about. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, EasyToBook, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Hotel 1110 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.