“Very Unique Hotel in Monterey” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel 1110

You added Hotel 1110 to your Saves list
Hotel 1110
4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   1110 Del Monte Avenue, Monterey, CA 93940 (Formerly The Inn at Del Monte Beach)   |
Ranked #5 of 12 Monterey B&B and Inns
Irvine, CA
“Very Unique Hotel in Monterey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I have mixed feelings about this hotel. It is definitely different and a unique experience. First of all, the name of the Hotel is no longer Del Monte Beach it is Hotel 1110. When you arrive it is very difficult to figure out where to park and once you do the space is very limited. The owners and workers are very nice once you check in though. The rooms are very small and there is no air conditioning so it can get hot and stufffy at night. In the morning the owners make a very nice complimentary breakfast and it has a very european feel. The price is very good compared to other hotels in the area with made the stay acceptable. Like I said, it is definitely a unique hotel and if you are looking for a different place with a reasonabale rate give it a shot.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I was a little skeptical when I first arrived because of the lack of parking and the location (next to a car repair and tattoo parlor, in front of a dog groomer and belly dance studio), but it turned out to be a wonderful place to stay. The proprietors are friendly and I felt as if I were in my own home. The breakfasts were outstanding. My room was European-small, but having just returned from a week in London, that was normal for me and didn't bother me The bathroom was unusually large and had a spa tub and the shower had body jets. I opened the bathroom window for ventilation so that wasn't a problem. I had a fireplace in the room, which I didn't try to use. The traffic noise bothered me the first night and then I slept right through it the other nights. I will definitely stay here again. Highly recommended, especially if you're a single woman traveling alone. I felt safe here. Did I mention how great the breakfasts were?

Room Tip: I was on the second floor and, because of the wood floors, could hear the people above me walking ar...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

The greeting upon arrival was friendly and welcoming. We checked into our first floor room (103). Immediately we noticed the room was quite stuffy. The window was screwed shut and there was no AC or ventilation. I had to sit in the room with the door open to get air in. I mentioned this at the front desk and asked for a fan which was immediately provided. It helped move the air around, but the room remained stagnant and stuffy.

The shower leaked water across the floor and there was little room for toiletries.

The overal aesthetic of the hotel was fine and breakfast (included) tasty and filling. The roof deck, was beautiful with ample seating and lounge chairs. The hotel is across the street from a lovely beach promenade and large stretch of the Monterey coast.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for five nights. While quite unassuming from the outside, once you open the door, the lobby is very welcoming. We were a little worried from other reviews about the size of the rooms; however, our room on the second floor was a nice size and the bathroom was large. It is definitely reminiscent of hotels in Europe. We can't say enough about the friendliness and helpfulness of the owner, Nick, and his staff. They recommended some fabulous restaurants to us. The breakfasts at the hotel were awesome! The complimentary hors d'ouvres and wine/beer for Happy Hour were a special treat allowing us to get to know the staff. The roof top deck was a bonus. We took several of our friends to the hotel for Happy Hour up on the roof. The hotel's location was perfect for us; we could walk to several restaurants in 10 minutes. We had no trouble parking and while yes, we could hear the traffic slightly, it was not a problem for us. Not sure why some people think the parking was "a nightmare"....we never had a problem regardless of the time of day or night we got back to the hotel. We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 202; queen bed, fireplace in room, very large bathroom.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed here over the Moto Gp weekend and I must say I was blown away with the value and service provided by this hotel. Very convenient to Laguna Seca and Cannery Row. On a main road but wasnt noisy at all. Neat and tidy rooms with a remote control gas fire, jacuzzi and fancy multi head shower. Home cooked breakfast that varies each morning and happy hour in the evening with a friendly convivial atmosphere. Definitely going to stay here next year!

• Stayed July 2012
LaGrange, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

This inn has so much going for it in regards to location to sites of interest. The owners were very nice, the rooftop terrace and the breakfast was great, but the traffic noise and very tight parking made our stay a "Do Not Recommend" experience. Our room faced one of the busiest stretches of road along Del Monte Beach and the windows did not block out any of the noise. We hardly slept. The parking was another challenge, with limited spaces and some on the street parking required made for a less than safe access to the building. I would stay further down the peninsula away from all the traffic noise next time.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Penn Valley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Good location for easy access (you can walk in a few minutes) to the Navel Postgraduate School. (I was told this hotel, back in the day, was used for "female recreation" by men stationed at the base) The walk is just a few minutes. A 15 minute walk along the beach sidewalk takes you to downtown and to the free bus to the Canary Row, etc., which we walked several times! Rooms are small, so it is not a "resort" hotel where you spend time hanging at the hotel. Room had one small chair for sitting, no desk, etc. and very limited TV stations but good internet connection. Very nice breakfast to fuel one up for the day in very decorated dining area. Top deck has a nice view of the bay, but just needs a little attention to keep it looking cared for. A little bleach in the shower and grout cleaning of the bathroom floor would be a nice touch...though I do know beach climate presents its own set of cleaning issues. Bedroom window would not open, so no fresh ocean air! Bathroom window opened, but had no screen. Opening the bath window was the only way to clear the steam after a shower. Some of the towels were thread bare, and others lovely. We stayed for 2 days, and "might" stay again because of the location. Parking is limited. We did park in the small lot behind and walked everywhere for the next 2 days. Good bed! This little hotel reminded me of small European hotels.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel 1110? Share your experiences!