My husband and I travel for pleasure a lot and stay in upscale / 5-star hotels.
This property is OLD, and Hyatt has tried to "polish" it up.
The hotel is comprised of many 3 story buildings of hotel rooms - very much like a MOTEL.
You drive and park in front of your building.
The hotel is located right on the Old Del Monte Golf Course, so it's very convenient if you plan to play golf there.
We were lucky enough to get one of the FEW balcony rooms. I saw the standard room w/out balcony, and there would have been no way I could have stayed in the room.
The balcony was probably only 5' x 4', at most, but it did provide a nice place to sit and watch the golfers putt and tee off.
The rooms have been cheaply modernized.
The bed linens slipped off the mattress (and I don't move around when I sleep), so when I woke up the sheet was un-tucked and the mattress was peeking through. Old and small pillows. Not a comfortable bed. Had three restless nights.
The bathroom - argh... a tub/shower with a SHOWER CURTAIN (yuck - gross).
They only provide BAR SOAP - no shower gel.
Get with the program Hyatt Regency. Glass showers and shower gel are a must.
There are not many new / modern hotels in Monterey, so if you are staying on points, then go for it.
We did a combo of points / pay. I paid $399 for one night and $199 for the other (Labor Day weekdend). $399 was a JOKE.
Next time I'm in the area, I would probably just stay at Pacific Grove Inn or splurge for The Lodge at Pebble Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 550 deluxe guestrooms and suites and over 40,000 square feet of newly renovated meeting and event space, the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa is the most complete hotel destination on the Monterey Peninsula. Nestled in 22 acres of Monterey Pines, the Hyatt Regency Monterey provides the quintessential Monterey experience in a location offering guests close proximity to downtown Monterey, Monterey airport and easy access to the Peninsula's top attractions like Cannery Row, Fisherman's Wharf, Monterey Bay Aquarium, Carmel-by-the-Sea and Pebble Beach. The property offers world-class amenities including two outdoor swimming pools, whirlpools and fire pits, full service tennis facility, state-of-the-art health club, new 12,000 square foot Marilyn Monroe Spa and salon and Pebble Beach Company's Del Monte Golf Course. Also enjoy all three of Hyatt Regency Monterey's unique restaurants and lounges: TusCA Ristorante offers diverse Italian and California cuisine in a beautiful show kitchen setting. Knuckles Sports Bar has been voted #1 by the locals for 10 years straight with 24 HDTV's, 20 draft beers and a full menu with burgers, wings, pizza and more. Fireplace Lounge offers a casual indoor/outdoor environment perfect to enjoy either lunch or dinner and unwind with a glass of wine while listening to live jazz on the weekends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Reservation Counter, Odigeo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel Monterey
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel And Spa
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Ca