We got a really good deal on Hotwire (unseen), and ended up here for 1 night on our way up from Big Sur to the winelands. It's a big, sprawling business/golf hotel located on the outskirts of the city. Our room was ok - large and well equipped, clean, and with a view of the golf course which was pretty in the morning sunlight. Parking was non-valet (which we Brits like!), and appeared free although I'm sure it was included in the (rather unwelcome) 'resort fee', which came as a bit of a surprise at check-out.
However - the rooms are reached by various outside entrances (arranged in blocks rather like a motel), and someone tried our door a few times during the night. Possibly it was someone who was lost and had got the wrong room, but for reasons of security I suggest you lock your door from the inside, as we had.
We drove to Carmel for dinner (which we would highly recommend!) and then had a couple of drinks in the hotel bar, which we thought were way-overpriced, even for a hotel bar. In the morning we just had a coffee and bagel from the Starbucks desk at the bar, and sat outside in the sunshine on the side of the golf course which was really nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 550 deluxe guestrooms and suites and over 40,000 square feet of newly renovated meeting and event space, the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa is the most complete hotel destination on the Monterey Peninsula. Nestled in 22 acres of Monterey Pines, the Hyatt Regency Monterey provides the quintessential Monterey experience in a location offering guests close proximity to downtown Monterey, Monterey airport and easy access to the Peninsula's top attractions like Cannery Row, Fisherman's Wharf, Monterey Bay Aquarium, Carmel-by-the-Sea and Pebble Beach. The property offers world-class amenities including two outdoor swimming pools, whirlpools and fire pits, full service tennis facility, state-of-the-art health club, new 12,000 square foot Marilyn Monroe Spa and salon and Pebble Beach Company's Del Monte Golf Course. Also enjoy all three of Hyatt Regency Monterey's unique restaurants and lounges: TusCA Ristorante offers diverse Italian and California cuisine in a beautiful show kitchen setting. Knuckles Sports Bar has been voted #1 by the locals for 10 years straight with 24 HDTV's, 20 draft beers and a full menu with burgers, wings, pizza and more. Fireplace Lounge offers a casual indoor/outdoor environment perfect to enjoy either lunch or dinner and unwind with a glass of wine while listening to live jazz on the weekends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel And Spa
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel Monterey
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Ca